SHADY SMALL TIME JEWELER
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SHADY SMALL TIME JEWELER

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SHADY SMALL TIME JEWELER

Tomorrow I am going to have the splint taken off my nose, septum and sinus surgery, after that I can I will be stopping by some watch shops. One shop, who I've known for a while and purchased numerous watches, I will be leaving a deposit for a Breitling Chronomat Longitude. They also have others I'm very interested in, but will have to wait

Here's the deal. This store has an Omega seamaster coaxial GMT, It is in mint condition and their asking $2,800. It comes with everything, box, papers, bill of sale, book all in mint condition. I always wanted a bond automatic, never really even thought of the GMT until I had it in my hands, it's so sweet! But, is the GMT with the display back and newer movement that important to me? I just don't know yet. I really like the fact that it is a rarer watch, and the display back makes it all that much more cool.

So lets go back in time two weeks ago. I drove to another village and found a antique shop that also sells collectable watches. I tell them what I'm interested in, and the young man tells me to come back the next day, for he thinks he has something at another shop I would like. The next day I show up, and shore enough there is an omega box on the counter.

He says take a look and see what I think. It was a Seamaster Electric Blue, old school. First impression thing was a mess. At the end of the bracelet are three mismatched links that belong to a different omega, Crudd in the links, dirt in every crevice, but I played interested. I don't mind cleaning and polishing, I find it fun and becoming one with a new piece, There was no red box, but had book and outer white box, and very strangely had two sets of different warranty cards. He tells me thats how the watch came. I play along, I locate serial number on the watch and try to match it to either of the set of cards, none of them match. Getting weird, but in my head I'm thinking watch looks legit, but definitely is frankensteined, maybe He's willing to sell for quick sale and low price. But first I ask if he would open the case back for me so i can see the movement and authenticate the watch. He gets offended and tells me it's reall, you see it's an automatic, must be real then????? Back to playin his game, how much are you looking for he says $1200,
    I say thats crazy for it's condition and mixed up bracelet and paper work. He tells me to come in tomorrow he will talk to his brother. I arrive the next morning, " So what were you able to do," he tells me the price is now $1500, his brother wanted more. I feeling I had wasted enough of my time played the game a little longer out of curiosity if the movement is legit. I said if agree to buy, will you show me the movement, He flattly refused and said I told you it's real. I left

First off if I were selling such a watch I would have cleaned it, seperated the paper work that doesn't match, took out the mismatched links and tried to get a quick sale, what are you hiding by not showing the movement? P.S Final sale no returns on used watches

Back to tomorrow might consider putting a payment on the GMT at same time, What do you think?

Cheers
    Love is everything!

Ozy

Re: SHADY SMALL TIME JEWELER

Think my brain just popped bro.

I got as far as the last sentence. Am I right in saying you're still considering a purchase from these cowboys?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Think my brain just popped bro.

I got as far as the last sentence. Am I right in saying you're still considering a purchase from these cowboys?
    i'm pretty sure the shop in the little village was a random story, and he's considering putting a deposit on the GMT at the same shop he's putting a deposit on the breitling at, that he's purchased from numerous times.
    Strapedforcash likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ozy

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
    i'm pretty sure the shop in the little village was a random story, and he's considering putting a deposit on the GMT at the same shop he's putting a deposit on the breitling at, that he's purchased from numerous times.
    Ohhhh...well that makes more sense than I thought it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Ohhhh...well that makes more sense than I thought it did.

Two different shops, not a chance I would buy the Electric blue one, but I really wanted to see the movement. Nice Chinese fake, or possibly movement was Frankensteined. I'm leaving in a few hours, going to put deposit on both GMT and Chronomat. I know these people and they are very nice. Should have both before end of month. I start working again next week, been out for two weeks from surgery. Hate not working
    Love is everything!

They're obviously hiding something, there's just too much going on with the watch magically appearing, insult and refusal to see the movement, jumping up the price as a nasty gesture, why they wouldn't run it under some water to clean it for sale, different warranty booklets, mixed up bracelet links.

I'd have played along a bit too because it got so weird, and curious but wouldn't buy either. And they sound like nasty people too, so forget about them.

It's not even a deal too good to be true, it's just odd and deceptive, at a bad price too.
    ..............Rolex
    Omega
    Breitling TAG Heuer
    Seiko Citizen G-Shock

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Quote Originally Posted by Strapedforcash View Post
    Two different shops, not a chance I would buy the Electric blue one, but I really wanted to see the movement.
    Bring in your watch back opener, offer them fair value for the watch. If they agree to sell, then open up the back BEFORE leaving the shop (make SURE they write that the watch is GENUINE on the bill of sale and you pay with credit card). IF movement is not genuine, then show it to them right there and demand a refund. "Final Sale" clause does NOT fly for illegal item (counterfeit watch).

That said, I would not even bother unless the watch is sold for around $800 or so. $1500 is ridiculous.
    Chronic flipper...

Are your serious??? That's just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by hpark21 View Post
    Bring in your watch back opener, offer them fair value for the watch. If they agree to sell, then open up the back BEFORE leaving the shop (make SURE they write that the watch is GENUINE on the bill of sale and you pay with credit card). IF movement is not genuine, then show it to them right there and demand a refund. "Final Sale" clause does NOT fly for illegal item (counterfeit watch).

That said, I would not even bother unless the watch is sold for around $800 or so. $1500 is ridiculous.
    ShaggyDog likes this.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Quote Originally Posted by dbakiva View Post
    Are your serious??? That's just asking for trouble.
    In what way? I am not suggesting just opening up the watch without paying for it. Once you pay for it, of course the watch is yours to do what ever you wish to do, no? Of course, get agreement that once you pay, you will open the back right there or you won't buy. Key is NOT to leave the shop so that they will have excuse like "You must swapped the watch for fake one" etc.
    Chronic flipper...

Everything about it is bizarre except for over valuing the watch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information