Shameful WUS article - Timex Tesla.
Like Tree394Likes

Thread: Shameful WUS article - Timex Tesla.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Shameful WUS article - Timex Tesla.

https://www.watchuseek.com/must-feel...ellness-watch/

I'm sorry but this entire article is utter woo and babble. WUS should be ashamed. I strongly suspect that the author has just repeated what ever marketing garbage he's been fed without questioning or understanding a single word.

Some snippets:
    Quote Originally Posted by Article author, Michael Weare
    A build-up of electromagnetic pollution can cause harmful side effects such as stress, anxiety, low energy, poor sleep, dizziness, and even hormone imbalance.
    Well for starters, electromagnetic fields do not "build up". When you turn on a radio transmitter, computer or any high frequency device, it will emit electromagnetic radiation (we call 'em radio waves). The intensity of the field decreases rapidly as you move away from the source. Turn off the source and the field disappears. Leaving the source on does not lead to a increase or build up in field levels.

Then the second half of this statement goes on to attribute health issues to the emissions. I've yet to see a single medical study that conclusively proves any such links. Perhaps the author would like to back up his claim by citing such a study.

Could the author please explain exactly what this picture depicts? I don't believe there is a widely accepted definition of a biofield. Is this a plot of electromagnetic emission from the body? It looks like a meaningless marketing image to me.
    The World Health Organization estimates that about 30% of the population in industrial economies, amounting to approximately 300 million people, suffer from hypersensitivity to electromagnetic frequencies.
    Nope, they don't. A very quick google turned up this: https://www.who.int/peh-emf/publicat...s_June2006.pdf . My explanatory additions to the original text in bold.
    Quote Originally Posted by World Health Organisation
    The term "Idiopathic Environmental Intolerance (IEI) with attribution to Electromagnetic field (EMF)" was proposed by the working group to replace EHS (electromagnetic field hypersensitivity) since the latter implies that a causal relationship has been established between the reported symptoms and EMF...

The majority of studies indicate that IEI individuals cannot detect EMF exposure any more accurately than non-IEI individuals. By and large well controlled and conducted double-blind studies have shown that symptoms do not seem to be correlated with EMF exposure.
    Please provide a link to the WHO statement you're quoting from.

Each TESLAR watch features proprietary TESLAR Technology in the form of a Turbo Chip that works in synchronization with the battery of the watch to mimic Earth’s natural frequency.
    Well the watch battery has a static electric field. It is barely measurable but it is there. The Earths magnetic field is also static. It doesn't have a frequency. Is the author referring to some other changing field around our planet? If so, please explain which field. If not, perhaps he could explain how you synchronise something that doesn't vary with something that doesn't vary.

The technology uses the measurable electric field in the watch’s battery along with the magnetic field of the coil in order to create a zero-point waveform with a scalar pulse of 7 to 9 times per second (7-9Hz).
    OK, I'll admit it. Despite studying electronics for 7 years and working at the bleeding edge for the last 25 years, I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you please explain what "a zero-point waveform with a scalar pulse" actually is?

Scientific studies in laboratory settings have demonstrated TESLAR Technology:
    1. May reduce the negative effects of stress
    2. May help the body resist the negative effects of EMF radiation
    3. Enhances immune response in the presence of EMF
    Oh great, a proper peer reviewed scientific study. Can we have a link please?
    *TESLAR Technology user’s effects may vary. Any effects felt by TESLAR Technology are dependent upon the user’s general awareness. TESLAR Technology does not claim effects will be felt on every user. TESLAR technology is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Oh, look at that! Disclaimers. I was pretty sure that the earlier part of this article claimed 300 million people were suffering from EMH, if that's not a disease what is it? And if this watch doesn't treat the disease of EMH, can we safely assume it does absolutely nothing more than tell the time?

Banned

Re: Shameful WUS article - Timex Tesla.

Yea, this should end well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    tynan.nida likes this.

I agree. It is ridiculous to pander to this sort of anti-reality nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    cortman, tynan.nida and rfortson like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    Yea, this should end well
    I foresee five possible outcomes.

1/ They delete this thread to cover up their lack of integrity. (The same text is posted elsewhere).
    2/ They ban me.
    3/ They stand by their article and explain the terminology and cite sources for their claims.
    4/ They retract the article.

Not a lot of chance of 3/ or 4/ happening IMHO. 1/ & 2/ aren't mutually exclusive.

But will it help with my gluten intolerance?

Lack of integrity? WUS? Not a chance, look at how the admins and powers that be have handled the Ginault controversy....WUS would never support and accept business revenue from a known counterfeit Rolex producer, right? (sarcasm)

Hadnt seen the article previously but love seeing nonesense torne apart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    cortman, mharris660 and iuprof like this.

Do I think it's a pile of steaming nonsense? Absolutely.

Is WUS being irresponsible?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberta.../#3f9a00b65ada

Written *3 months* ago.

Of course the article is gonna echo the company claims. Do you expect WUS to be making some kind of field test?
    jwilliams likes this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

In before da lock.
    LCandela and American Jedi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojanbybirth View Post
    In before da lock.
    ditto kidddo!
    Collection: NOMOS Zurich World Timer Blau | Tudor Black Bay (Black Bezel) | Cartier Tank Solo XL | Hamilton Intra-Matic Chronograph (Panda)

Transactions: evanisrushin (traded for Black Bay 41); James Russle (sold PAM000); jsohal (purchased Stowa Partitio Blau), [email protected] (sold Stowa Partitio Blau LE); Teggy98 (purchased Tudor Black Bay Blue); 85allison (sold Tudor Black Bay Blue)

Deleted by rules (mod violation)

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information