Share your stories of flipper's regret!

Thread: Share your stories of flipper's regret!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Share your stories of flipper's regret!

Fortunately for me, I've never experienced this emotion! I just started collecting last year and have only added to my collection. I have yet to sell any of my pieces. For those of you who have been doing this longer than I have, please share your moments of flipper's regret. What watch did you sell, why did you sell it, and what did you miss about it? Also, did you eventually buy it again? This should be fun! Please include pics!
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

Banned

Re: Share your stories of flipper's regret!

I buy watches to keep and enjoy for a very long time. Not in the flipping business I am afraid.

Hey, me too!
    "Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory."--Albert Schweitzer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've only repurchased 1 watch that I sold and that was the Seiko Black Monster. I ended up selling that one too shortly after I acquired it. I got drawn into all the hype of that watch a number of years back. The BM is built like a tank and has great lume but I didn't like the bezel, the hands, and the accuracy that I got from both that I owned.

For all the other dozen watches that I've sold, I made sure that they were gone mentally before I even shipped them out. This way, I've never regretted selling any of them.

Banned

Another question I'm overqualified to answer! The one watch I wish I never sold was this gold capped 1969 Constellation "C" case caliber 751:

I will replace it with a solid gold version one of these days. A fellow WIS bought it, so I know it has a good home. I get to see it in the wrist check threads of another forum from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Another question I'm overqualified to answer! The one watch I wish I never sold was this gold capped 1969 Constellation "C" case caliber 751:

I will replace it with a solid gold version one of these days. A fellow WIS bought it, so I know it has a good home. I get to see it in the wrist check threads of another forum from time to time.

Quite a beautiful piece!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by flipangle View Post
    Quite a beautiful piece!
    Thanks - it was a looker. I have a Longines Ultra-Chron now that fills the void left by that one as far as the case shape.

I started a similar thread at the end of last year, on the DWF and had it up to date as of May 2009. I think, I've managed to get it up to day as of today. my post sort of a reflection / intervention type thing.

There are some I would buy again - and you'll see in the list some repeats.

I sure did get to try a variety of watches, not something I could have done by going to a local AD or 'jewelry' shop. Most were not flipped just because I could, but rather I wanted to try another watch and was aon a limited budget. MOst if not all of my flips were to raise cash.

In terms of regrets :

Both UN MMDs,
    Zenith Defy Aero
    Anonimo San Marco
    Rasmus
    ASW Grey Dial
    RGM
    GP SHII Pro
    Any of the Doxa 5000s (I can't remember how many I've had now)

Here we go...

Some MORE changes....

¿Qué hora son?

@ElChingon7: A stunning collection of flips, sir. And several brilliant photos to boot. Thanks for sharing.

SBD

I was going to list a couple of mine, but ElChingon's insane pix of completely awesome watches that he flipped turned my brain in the jello.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information