Sharing My Collection
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sharing My Collection

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sharing My Collection

Hello fellow WUS

I finally got the opportunity to take some photos of my whole collection last night. It's been a while since they've all been together. I became interested in watches a little over a year and a half ago but didn't really get into collecting till I joined the forum. Feedback on my collection is welcome and appreciated
    The whole lot

First watch is my Ball Railroad Standard. I just had this serviced and the 21 jewel handwinding movement is running excellent. I was actually thinking about replating the case. It's a 10kt gold filled case so I don't know if replating is a viable option. It's one watch I don't ever wanna sell so it made sense to get it replated. Any suggestions or info on whether to replate would be extremely helpful.

Next is my crown jewel it's a 1940s Nastrix chronograph. 17 Jewel handwound it doesn't get any better than that. I would like to reblue and repaint the hands anyone know of someone to do this? I also plan to to re-plate this case as well. The dial I will do nothing to I love it and it's the main reason I bought it.

PAM homage I bought off a fellow member. Really love this I wasn't always a fan of Panerai but once I put this on it was love. I love this dial and the case back both just gorgeous.

Next two are Kirovskies . These are some of the first pieces I ever bought. One day I hope to have several crab case models each with a different dial. These are just getting hard to find in good condition at a good price.

Next a Bulova Accutron. Automatic 26 jewel Sellita movement. Love thus just not a big fan of the strap looking to upgrade it when. I find something I like.

Bedford Time co. Chronograph powered by a Valjoux 7750. Very solid and dependable. Sapphire crystal front and back. Great watch but I originally planned to sell it once I got a speedy pro but I don't think I will anymore.

Bulova 98a123.

The newest addition to my collection S. Coifman Limited edition. This is my first all gold watch didn't really know how I'd feel about it till it came. I had the stainless steel version and loved it and the gold version is even better

Invicta Sub. Say what you will about the brand but this one with the Seiko movement works great. Bought this used off another member and the best thing about it is that it made me realize I need a Rolex Sea Dweller.

Swatch Sistem 51 and yes this one runs great. Alot of people have been complaining but this hasn't had any trouble

Invicta 6411 I wanted a beater chronograph so this is what I got

And finally the G-Shocks

That's my collection. I think im doing alright for a 25 year old college student. My next purchases are gonna be some Seiko divers. Had a few sold them and now I miss them. Also on my want list is a Speedmaster, Sea Dweller, two tone Rolex Sub, and a day/date but they won't be for a while yet.
    "Buy the ticket take the ride"- Hunter S. Thompson

Banned

Re: Sharing My Collection

cool collection. Very eclectic like mine.

Nice collection! A little bit of everything in there from a lot of different eras.

I believe you can get the Ball replated, though the only price I've seen for that type of work is around $200. Up to you if that's a price you want to pay.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice collection you have there.
    jeg5263 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by odd_and_vintage_fan View Post
    Nice collection! A little bit of everything in there from a lot of different eras.

I believe you can get the Ball replated, though the only price I've seen for that type of work is around $200. Up to you if that's a price you want to pay.
    Thanks!

Not really concerned with the cost of doing it. I would just love for the watch to last longer. I have just heard with replating in five years it wears off don't know if there is any truth to this or not.
    Last edited by jeg5263; April 2nd, 2015 at 16:21.

Anyone have any input on getting hands reblued on my Nastrix? A search I did just showed alot of do it yourself ways

Very nice collection - thanks for sharing.
    Nastrix chronograph looks great. It's a dial layout and case design that are truly classic and can be found on everything from Patek to Breitling of that era or today. And a size that's not easy to find today.
    The 2 Russian Kirovskiye look great as dress watches - great lug designs on them. Definitely some interesting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    Very nice collection - thanks for sharing.
    Nastrix chronograph looks great. It's a dial layout and case design that are truly classic and can be found on everything from Patek to Breitling of that era or today. And a size that's not easy to find today.
    The 2 Russian Kirovskiye look great as dress watches - great lug designs on them. Definitely some interesting stuff
    Thanks!

You have a good wide range of watches there. It was a first for me to see a Bedford Time Co. and Nastrix watch. I could not find anything on the Bedford Time Co. watch or I just didn't dig that deep. Good luck in refurbishing the watch.
    Would you say I have a plethora of watches?

Quote Originally Posted by watchloco View Post
    You have a good wide range of watches there. It was a first for me to see a Bedford Time Co. and Nastrix watch. I could not find anything on the Bedford Time Co. watch or I just didn't dig that deep. Good luck in refurbishing the watch.
    Not really much on it. From the little bit I found its actually made by a company called Mecaline. They make them and sell them to jewelry stores and they are branded with the stores name. This thread is the only place I found info on it.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/mec...topics/1312002

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information