Sharpie and a new strap

Thread: Sharpie and a new strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sharpie and a new strap

Love my Orange Steinhart Aviation but the strap was a bit to short for my 8 1/4 inch wrist.
    Wanting a change and not wanting to spend a fortune for a custom made - went on Ebay and found a Black with White stitching / 135mm - 80mm (perfect) / very thick / looked to be well made. $24.00 for buy it now or best offer - offered $17 and got it. $4.00 shipping
    Strap showed up and was much better than expected - very, very nice. Only issue was the White was a bit to much for the watch. Invested another $1.29 for an Orange Sharpie - went very slow / small section at a time / using a paper towel to remove any excess from the black leather.
    So for a total investment of $22.29 - I got this. Very happy with the result.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Sharpie and a new strap

cool! are the stitches matching?

Very nice, I may try that
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks awesome and matches perfectly!

Would you mind sharing the ebay seller? I think I'd like to give those straps a shot given the price.

~t

Quote Originally Posted by steellll View Post
    Love my Orange Steinhart Aviation but the strap was a bit to short for my 8 1/4 inch wrist.
    Wanting a change and not wanting to spend a fortune for a custom made - went on Ebay and found a Black with White stitching / 135mm - 80mm (perfect) / very thick / looked to be well made. $24.00 for buy it now or best offer - offered $17 and got it. $4.00 shipping
    Strap showed up and was much better than expected - very, very nice. Only issue was the White was a bit to much for the watch. Invested another $1.29 for an Orange Sharpie - went very slow / small section at a time / using a paper towel to remove any excess from the black leather.
    So for a total investment of $22.29 - I got this. Very happy with the result.
    American Ingenuity at its' best. Congrats like, might try it with different bands, thanks for the idea.
    Last edited by watchman19; January 4th, 2011 at 02:06. Reason: Typos

Looks good. Let us know how the "dye job" holds up.

Sharpie dye is permanent so expect it to last - if it does fade I'll just reapply.

Also - I only try this on Black leather. The stitching seemed to suck in the ink but i did get it on the leather / thats why I'd wipe it hard with a paper towel. Cant see any left over ink on Black - any other color might be a mess.

Have fun!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steellll View Post
    Sharpie dye is permanent so expect it to last - if it does fade I'll just reapply.
    Bingo - it's a simple job to reapply. I did this on a Heuer Autavia with a red Sharpie last year and it worked fine:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f25/sha...al-392616.html

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Bingo - it's a simple job to reapply. I did this on a Heuer Autavia with a red Sharpie last year and it worked fine
    No "bleeding" issues? I'm going to have to do try this on an old gator strap I have...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information