Shipping from US to Canada question

Thread: Shipping from US to Canada question

Shipping from US to Canada question

I am trying to ship a watch to Canada and was wondering what others have used and method of declarations, insurance, etc. Should I declare it as a gift, return for service or what? I just want to avoid any risks or exorbitant fees to both myself and the buyer. Any insight is appreciated! :thanks

Re: Shipping from US to Canada question

Insure it at a value that's acceptable to both you and the buyer if the watch is a total loss. If your buyer does not want you to declare a value that the risk of loss should lie with him.

Canada Customs may or may not assign duty and taxes to that value. Of the last three watches I bought, two came in duty free and the third came in with duty/taxes totaling around $85 CDN on a $400 USD value watch. Hit or miss, it's the price we pay bringing stuff across our border.
    Last edited by Smeg; March 29th, 2009 at 21:32.
    Previously Loved:
    Poljot SS18; Tissot PRS200 & Seastar 1000; Eterna Monterey; Steinhart Ocean1; TAG F1 Midsize & WAH1110; Invicta Grand Diver GMT;
    Breitling Colt II Chrono; Hamilton Jazzmaster Square; Omega SMP; Hamilton Air Race GMT; Seiko Snow Monster

Current Stable:
    Eterna KonTiki LE; Alpina Extreme Sailing; vintage (.ca 1961) Omega Seamster

Suspended

Re: Shipping from US to Canada question

Double check that watches specifically are insured by whatever service you use.

Thread Information