Shocked at how many I have- How many have you got?

Thread: Shocked at how many I have- How many have you got?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shocked at how many I have- How many have you got?

Did a search and found 21 watches hidden in drawers, I have 5 incoming also! This does not include my daily rotation watches, 5 others!!!!
    I searched for some watch batterys and found 21 watches, that I had already- mainly affordables, notables, I forgot I had, an early Timex ironman, 100 meter- (very, very heavy- no model number), Hugo Boss, Armani, 2 Casio subs MTD versions, 103 and 104, some early fashion Next watches, (complex aviator type).

This all started years ago, when I gave a 9ct gold rounded square face to a friend of mine that was leaving the country for good- I took it off my wrist and placed it on his, since then- I have thought about that watch a lot, not really missed it, but remembered its beauty and grace.
    If I have come across anything with a hint of that- I have bought it- cant help myself.
    I know this will not end, so I will sell some of the lesser models off soon I guess, I have to make space for incoming!!

This is developing into a serious issue!!!!

Re: Shocked at how many I have- How many have you got?

we all have this issue. and it won't get any better. i'm going to quote another member on this,
    "if you have more than 2 watches, then your crazy" we all are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Explorerspirit View Post
    This is developing into a serious issue!!!!
    No it isn't.

...said the guy who has 50-ish watches and goes through about 2 dozen a year. I haven't even bothered to count this year - but I guess I will sometime this week. I still have a box full of watches from a Goodwill auction that I haven't counted or sorted. Gotta be at least 40 in there but they don't get figured into the collection census.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Do What I did; sold anything that had a value of $75 or more and gave away the rest. You'll be surpirsed how many people like nice fashion watch. However people dont seem to like automatics as much. I throw automatics in as swag in trade deals.
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

I am responding as someone who does not yet have the numbers that some of the rest of you have (impressively) collected.

My collection is around 20 watches and I wear each at least once a month. Half the time I want to cut back because I feel (guiltily) like I am "collecting purses to match all of my shoes" (formal watches, business watches, beaters, casual watches, cool vintage, etc,. etc., etc., etc.).

The other half of my time is spent lusting over some new watch (like the vintage Longines Flagship 341 that I have incoming - saweeeeeeet :)).

In the end, for me, it's about whether I can afford another it and if I still get the joy from having my next "perfect" watch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xspect View Post
    However people dont seem to like automatics as much. I throw automatics in as swag in trade deals.
    Excellent! I'll happily trade you every quartz watch I have if you throw in any JLC watch with a caliber 881, an AP watch with a caliber P2499 or K2120, or anything of a similar ilk. You could kill two birds with one stone - getting rid of those pesky autos that people don't like and pawning off an old piece of junk to a good home.
    Last edited by ulackfocus; December 26th, 2010 at 18:22. Reason: I'm a typochondriac

Quote Originally Posted by Xspect View Post
    Do What I did; sold anything that had a value of $75 or more and gave away the rest. You'll be surpirsed how many people like nice fashion watch. However people dont seem to like automatics as much. I throw automatics in as swag in trade deals.
    I just choked on my coffee...throw some "swag" my way and you can have your pick of quartz watches from my collection...oh wait, I already got rid of those

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouS View Post
    I just choked on my coffee...throw some "swag" my way and you can have your pick of quartz watches from my collection...oh wait, I already got rid of those
    I still have several quartz watches he can pick from. All he has to do is throw the IWC Portuguese Regulator my way.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

I lost count at 30 but now trying to thin it down to maybe 10 or so.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

My "happy watch family" is detailed in my signature...about 20, with one addition for Christmas and another one depending (depending, that is, on whether I can afford it after the mechanic finishes looking at my truck ).

As for all the automatic "swag" flying around out there, somebody toss some my way and I'll be glad to toss some quartz out there in return!

Mike

The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information