Shopped in Vegas last weekend met 3 great sales persons and 2 horrible ones.
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Shopped in Vegas last weekend met 3 great sales persons and 2 horrible ones.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Shopped in Vegas last weekend met 3 great sales persons and 2 horrible ones.

I was in Vegas last weekend and went to a lot of watch stores and boutiques with a friend who knows very little about watches but is looking to make his first purchase. The store Radiance in the Aria had a great sales person who was helpful and patient with my friend. Showed us a lot of pieces. We moved onto the Forum at Caesar's Palace and got great service and attention from the Hublot boutique and the neighboring store. Sales guy there was top notch. Showed us lots of pieces and answered a ton of questions for my friend. They had 1 new IWC aquatimer. We moved onto Tourneau and I was looking for the new Aquatimers. I asked a sales woman where the new Aquatimers were, and she led me to a case that had all of the previous models and no new ones. I asked her where the new models were and she said these are. I said, "no the new updated models." She said, "Oh the Basel models aren't out yet." I told her the store over there has 1 and she blabbered something and I said, "So the answer is 'We do not have the new Aquatimers yet.'" Her blatant dishonesty was frustrating. A little up front honesty would have been nice.
    The worst experience was at the watch store in Wynn. They carry Frederique Constant, Patek, Breguet, Blancpain, Panerai, Carl F Bucherer, Tudor and maybe a few others. The sales person did not ask us if we needed any help. Did not ask us if we wanted to see any pieces. I told him I love that new CFB scuba dive watch, he said yeah we sell a lot of those. No inquiry if I wanted to see the piece at all. I moved on and I asked about the Patek watches. All he told us was how he sells a ton of Pateks, and he told us that people who stay here can afford the watches, and then he said, "These Tudors are a good price and are obtainable for a lot of people and that you could afford these." I said, "you have no clue what I can afford." He ignored my response. I bit my lip and we left.

I would like to contact the manager to let them know that he was the most arrogant person I have ever dealt with in sales. Watches or anything else.

Re: Shopped in Vegas last weekend met 3 great sales persons and 2 horrible ones.

I would... However with my luck he would BE the manager.

Re: Shopped in Vegas last weekend met 3 great sales persons and 2 horrible ones.

Did you buy a watch that day?

Ric

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Interesting experience at Wynn & Company. I've bought a few pieces from them and have had nothing but top notch service. In Vegas, it would be very presumptuous of the sales staff to pass judgements on who has/does not have money to spend, especially when working on commission. I'm sure it does happen in the high-end boutiques, but I've yet to encounter it personally.

Agree with you on Tourneau. I refuse to purchase anything from that store. At times I go just to look, but the sales staff is insufferable.

My experience at the Wynn was very different. I went to the same shop and the saleswoman was so helpful. I was wearing jeans a t shirt and my seagul 1963 chrono, a 180 euro watch and while I was trying on a blancpain 50 fathoms she was asking me questions about my affordable Chinese manual wind. We then moved to the pateks which I can't afford at all and talked about them for half an hour. I then tried on a few Tudors and left with 3 free magazines.

Also the Rolex dealer was more than helpful and I tried on 3 different models and they gave me a tour of their vintage models. Guess you just got unlucky that day. My best experience at the Wynn was the full hour I spent at the IWC and JLC shops that were connected. The salesmen there were awesome and I must have tried on 10 watches while having a very pleasant conversation with fellow
    Watch enthusiasts.

Didn't buy anything since I was a little down from
    The blackjack tables but it was a great afternoon spent in 4 different shops. If you want I can probably find their business cards and give you names of who to ask for in each shop.

Laughing Re: Shopped in Vegas last weekend met 3 great sales persons and 2 horrible ones.

I'd like to read the thread in the watch store employee forum

The lady at Tourneau might not have been dishonest, maybe she just didn't know, their sales staff hadn't been informed or something like that. I'm not saying that it's OK not to know, a sakes person should know their product, but it sounds like an understandable mistake.

The last guy however... sigh.
    rfortson and RyanPatrick like this.

As we have discussed before, some high end shops for various Veblen goods go on the theory that if the clerk is snooty, the customer will buy something just to prove that they can do it. That might explain what happened. Sometimes that type of clerk can be "converted" by a bit of deference or humor, but if not, one moves on and allows them to wallow in their unhappy life of hating people who have more money then they do.
    Richmondmike likes this.

Banned

sooo....what did your friend buy?

I was in LV a few weeks ago & hit up many of the boutiques as well as many places that shop multiple brands including Tourneau. I was treated with the utmost respect by almost all (despite being dressed very casually; shorts & sandals). However, the guy at the AD that stocked Maurice Lacroix was a little snooty!
    drhr likes this.
    Adnan

Current 'pieces:

Rolex GMT II BLNR

Zenith Defy
    Omega SMP 2254.50
    Seiko SAGN007
    Ulysse Nardin Classico
    Hermes Slim d'Hermes

Gone:
    Audemars Piguet 15300
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    Jaeger LeCoultre Tribute to Deep Sea vintage chronograph
    Rolex DateJust41 126300

Rolex Daytona 116500

JeanRichard Terrascope
    IWC 3239 Laureus

Rolex Explorer II 216570
    Speedmaster Co-Axial 9300
    Omega Aqua Terra 2503.33
    Omega Aqua Terra 2502.80
    Omega SM300
    Speedy Pro 3572.50 w/ a Panda dial (three times)
    Speedy Pro 3570.50 (several times)

Oris 65

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information