Shopping in the DC area?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Shopping in the DC area?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shopping in the DC area?

Hi,
    I posted a while back about advice on a watch for my husband and got great advice from all of you. Based on the feedback, I've decided to surprise him with a trip to Washington DC (our closest metro area) to do some watch shopping so he can try on the watches before I buy one. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to shop in the DC area. I'm thinking Hamilton, Ball, Christopher Ward, Seiko for brands. Hopefully it's okay to post a question like this. I looked through the forum rules and it seemed okay, but I apologize if it is not.

Re: Shopping in the DC area?

The best place to see multiple brands would be Tyson's Corner. For Hamilton, you have Finks in Tysons. For Seiko you have several places but I would recommend Fashion Time next to Bloomingdales. Of the brands you mentioned, these are the ones you can see in Tysons. However, if you want to look at a multitude of other brands, they have just about everything else.

For Ball watches, you want to go to Little Treasury Jewelers in Gambrills, Maryland. Steve and Linda are the owners and it is a really great watch shop and jewelry store. They have some really good brands there in addition to Ball... Muhle Glashutte, Perrelet, Bremont, Towson Watch Company, Tissot, and many others.

As far as I know, there is no brick and mortar store in the area with Christopher Ward.

Good luck and happy hunting!

BTW - you are a GREAT wife!
    Doboji likes this.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

+1 on Fink's at Tyson's. They had a Glashutte President Flyback I was lusting after the other day. Lenkersdorfer has nice high-end stuff, Pateks, JLCs

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by squinkies View Post
    Hi,
    I posted a while back about advice on a watch for my husband and got great advice from all of you. Based on the feedback, I've decided to surprise him with a trip to Washington DC (our closest metro area) to do some watch shopping so he can try on the watches before I buy one. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to shop in the DC area. I'm thinking Hamilton, Ball, Christopher Ward, Seiko for brands. Hopefully it's okay to post a question like this. I looked through the forum rules and it seemed okay, but I apologize if it is not.
    Christopher Ward is only available directly through the company, at least in the U.S.

Seikos are available in a variety of stores, but the best selection is at the Seiko Factory Store at the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets. They have a mix of new and refurbished watches.

There are two Ball dealers in the area. Little Treasury is a bit far - closer to Annapolis and Baltimore - but Charles Schwartz is located in DC. Their website shows two locations, one downtown and one on the Maryland/DC border. I love Little Treasury (and as noted, they carry interesting smaller brands) but have never been to Charles Schwartz.

And as mentioned, Tysons Corner Center is *the* watch shopping hub for the area - everything from the department store brands to the high-end.

What's your general location? Sometimes small brands turn up in surprising locations. The only other Ball dealer in Maryland is across the bay in downtown Salisbury!

Thanks for the great suggestions. No one mentioned the one place I had found from internet searching that seemed to have a large selection of brands, Alan Furman & Co. Does anyone know about them?

By the way, I'm located in Harrisonburg, VA. Not too sure about watch places around here, we just moved to the area recently. But we are staying with some friends in DC so it will be a fun birthday trip too.

Okay, I think I answered my own question. I found that others have posted about AF & co on here in the past.

Okay, I think I answered my own question. I found that others have posted about AF & co on here in the past.
    Yeah, don't go there. You won't get to see any actual watches. It's not a bad place to buy, once you know what you want... but not a good place to figure out what you want.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Shopping in the DC area?

Harrisonburg???? JMU!!!! That's my alma mater!

Lots of other places around too. It really depends on where you are staying and how much time you want to spend.

If you are coming in April we are trying to organize a GTG. If he really likes watches he would see a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

By the way, I'm located in Harrisonburg, VA. Not too sure about watch places around here, we just moved to the area recently. But we are staying with some friends in DC so it will be a fun birthday trip too.
    Charlottesville has a couple dealers you can visit. The Fink's location in Charlottesville doesn't carry a lot of watch brands, but they do have Hamilton. Meanwhile, Keller & George Jewelers is a Ball dealer (they also carry Tissot, which is worth taking a look at).

But yeah, the vast selection at Tysons is hard to beat, or resist...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information