Should a 7750 chrono seconds hand be jumpy between 3 and 6?

Thread: Should a 7750 chrono seconds hand be jumpy between 3 and 6?

Should a 7750 chrono seconds hand be jumpy between 3 and 6?

A few years ago I bought an IWC Port chrono which was my absolute grail. I had no idea how I'd fund it.

On getting it home, I noticed that the chrono seconds hand was really irregular between the 3 and 6 hour positions. It would seem to stick in position for 2 or 3 ticks and then jump to catch up with itself. It was especially bad when held vertically with 12 pointing upwards.

Over a minute it was accurate, but the jumpiness of the seconds hand in that quarter of the minute (a) worried me a lot for a £4k watch, and (b) made me return it. As is was the last one they had in stock, I got a refund.

Now, I'm looking at getting one again. Do you think that the IWC's 7750 movement would behave like this in all examples of the watch? Do other 7750 movements do the same?
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Re: Should a 7750 chrono seconds hand be jumpy between 3 and 6?

I've had three...Just checked the last one I own. Mine doesn't, never noticed on the others either.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

That was definitely a flaw, and not something I'd expect from a well made movement like the 7750.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sounds like "stutter" -- a phenomenon that is certainly not unknown with the 7750. Surprised to hear that it is present in an IWC, however. Then again, Omega has not been immune to this phenomenon in the past, either. Do a Google search, and you'll find some more info on this.

Regardless of the brand, a watch SHOULD function properly.
    Saying that, one of course takes prices and real world expectations into consideration.
    A 5k IWC ought be butter smooth everywhere.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Surprised to hear that on an IWC as they would use a high grade of the movement and still inspect it. I have a couple higher grade ones and no problem. But one used a standard grade and had the same problem. But I sent it back under warranty and was taken care of. I haven't seen a post on this for a good while, but it does happen. Something with a sloppy chrono gear train. I wouldn't worry about getting another.

Bob

I've had countless chronographs powered by 7750's, no they do not jump while running.

But they all jump or hesitate on actuation, when compared to fine fine chronograph movements like JLC, AP, Vacheron etc. But that is comparing a $400 movement to a $4,000 movement.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Its supposed to be a very simple adjustment that a watch maker can take care of, just a screw adjustment I think and its quite common on the 7750. It has happened on a few watches I've had, but not seen it on an IWC though (it was most apparent on an Eterna though which was technically the same price point) so I dont think price is a big factor, its doesnt affect anything other than aesthetics, so if it bothers you, you might be able to send it in under warranty if you have it or get it adjusted locally at a service center.

Cool, thanks for the useful info. I'm one step nearer to being broke again
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Hi a friend has saw your watch renato stallion I was wondering if it's still available thanks

Thread Information