Should I buy a second hand Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAP1112.BA0831

Thread: Should I buy a second hand Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAP1112.BA0831

Should I buy a second hand Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAP1112.BA0831

I am looking to purchase a second hand tag heuer, as mentioned above. The watch costs £1295 from any reputable retailer. I've seen it second hand for £750 (already got it lowered to this price, can;t get any lower!) The watch looks absolutely perfect! The only problem that I could find is that the bezel seems to be slightly loose, but that's it. It's from a reputable place so definitely authentic. I'm not sure if I should purchase it for £750, or wait for some time to save up the rest. I will be using it for every day wear...

I was wondering how old this watch could potentially be, as in when was it first released, if anybody perhaps knows? Would you suggest I purchase it second hand?

Thanks for any advise!

Re: Should I buy a second hand Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAP1112.BA0831

the TAG Aquaracer WAP1112 is a nice watch, love the blue dial,

750GBP/1200USD is about the going price for a new Aquaracer from a grey market shop.

A pre-owned one (in my opinion) should be lower. But depending on your location and availability.

Regarding the bezel, is it only on that watch? Have you tried other TAG Aquaracer and see if there is a difference?

Why not ask a local watchmaker if something can be done about a 'loose bezel'.

Age of that model, most likely from 2011.

I dont think I can tell you or give you any advise whether you should purchase or wait.

But for me, personally, I'd go the pre-owned route, especially if the watch is in excellent, near-mint condition (being it's only a few years old).
    But not for that price.

And if indeed the bezel is too loose, something wrong with the bezel ... I might skip that watch and just wait for another pre-owned with a better condition.

or if you travel to the U.S. often (or anytime soon), you might consider purchasing from the U.S. as well (while you're there).
    Jomashop is selling a brand new one for $1200 USD

Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure just exactly how loose the bezel is. This would be something you want to sort out before purchase. If this can easily be addressed, and you really like the design, it may be a good choice. That said, I would focus more on purchasing something you really really like than focusing on a particular deal.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you all for your help! I decided to miss out on this one and wait until I have the money for a new one, and for when the time is right. However, happy to have joined the forum and looking for another, more affordable watch! :D

Thread Information