Should I go back here.

Thread: Should I go back here.

Banned

Should I go back here.

Yesterday I went to the mall and decided to visit a friend of mine who works in a jewelery store, But every time I walk in there I always feel a bad vibe from the other works, Their very nice and friendly but I just feel like I'm not good enough to be in the same class as them if you know what I mean. I usually go there to say hi to my friend and usually take a quick glimps at the watches, So I was wearing my Month old Citizen Eco-Drive World Timer but my friend was'nt there and so one of the other guy's who also knows me was kind enough to show me some new Citizen watches, So I decided to look at the Citizen 2100 for the price and showed my Citizen World Timer and I was hopping to get a WOW nice watch response instead I get nice but that was after I had said If I had thought I made a mistake in not getting the 2100. Should I keep going there no matter what even though I feel like I don't belong or should I just go when my friend is around.

Re: Should I go back here.

these employees know you come by the shop at least semi-regularly to chat with a friend. so maybe you don't get treated with the "full service". did you enter the store to browse and potentially buy a watch, or to visit your bud? would that effect how the other employees act with you?

ps my unscientific opinion is that your feeling about class and worthiness is 50% in your head. if you want better advice you probably won't find it in the 'net.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Banned

Ditch that zero and get yourself a hero!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Why should they compliment your watch when their objective is to get you to buy a new one? I wouldn't worry about how they perceive the watch you wear, and like the other posts above say, the feelings of getting the "cold shoulder" are probably mostly in your head. If you like a watch and can get a good price for it, go for it. If its too expensive, nothing wrong with stopping by and having a browse with your acquaintances behind the counter.
    Lots of dive watches.

I agree with a-Tom-ic that maybe the guy thinks youre buddies so he can make those type of comments and not offend you.

Of course, he could just be an a-hole

Here's the situation as I see it: you have a "friend in the jewelry business," to quote one chain's advertising slogan. The other salespeople in the store most likely think, "If he's going to buy a watch here, he's going to buy it from his friend." So they probably feel that any time spent with you is wasted, and could keep them from making a sale with a customer actually ready to buy from them.

The second thing is that you have no reason to feel inferior. They are salespeople, and they are not making a lot of money in that jewelry store, believe me! The hours are long, and the pay is actually pretty low. I can guarantee you that 90 percent of them are already looking for their next job! Now, if they worked in an Omega boutique or store that sold Rolexes, they might get some decent commissions--but not so much selling Citizens and Seikos! Your friend can tell you that the salaries there are not exactly going through the roof!

Never give a second thought to how a salesperson seems to evaluate you. In my home town there was a farmer who went to a new car dealership to look at the latest models. He was dressed like he had just come in from the fields, and all the salesmen ignored him except one. The salesman who was helping him treated him with dignity and respect. After test driving a couple of cars, the farmer pulled $30,000 out of his overalls and said, "I'll take that one!"

Quote Originally Posted by kc1001 View Post
    Yesterday I went to the mall and decided to visit a friend of mine who works in a jewelery store, But every time I walk in there I always feel a bad vibe from the other works, Their very nice and friendly but I just feel like I'm not good enough to be in the same class as them if you know what I mean. I usually go there to say hi to my friend and usually take a quick glimps at the watches, So I was wearing my Month old Citizen Eco-Drive World Timer but my friend was'nt there and so one of the other guy's who also knows me was kind enough to show me some new Citizen watches, So I decided to look at the Citizen 2100 for the price and showed my Citizen World Timer and I was hopping to get a WOW nice watch response instead I get nice but that was after I had said If I had thought I made a mistake in not getting the 2100. Should I keep going there no matter what even though I feel like I don't belong or should I just go when my friend is around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    these employees know you come by the shop at least semi-regularly to chat with a friend. so maybe you don't get treated with the "full service". did you enter the store to browse and potentially buy a watch, or to visit your bud? would that effect how the other employees act with you?

ps my unscientific opinion is that your feeling about class and worthiness is 50% in your head. if you want better advice you probably won't find it in the 'net.
    I've bought a few things from them before but this goes beyond my point, Yes I do go there to say hi to a friend but since I've not been there in a month and a half I decided to look at the new Citizen watches, So when I was wearing my watch I was hopping to get wow that's a nice watch but no I thought since he knew me I was shocked thats all.

Hey Kevin, isn't this your motto : I say buy what you like but like what you buy.

Be happy with your Citizen World Timer. You can always get the 2100 some other day. Chev James is right, you have no reason to feel inferior. Its not that the sales staff is wearing a Rolex
    Are you watching closely?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog:
    http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/
    Instagram: @crazystrobist

Thread Information