Should I go kinetic?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Should I go kinetic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I go kinetic?

Looking for advice. I've been bitten by the bug to pick up a Seiko BFK, which would be my first kinetic. I usually have about 8 watches I wear in my normal rotation, so the most frequently the watch would get worn is once every 8 days or so. Will this be often enough to keep the watch charge and not shorten its useful life?

Re: Should I go kinetic?

I think Kinetics these days can go for months. So you should be fine.

My understanding is that kinetics do *best* when worn daily, but others have reported wearing them in a rotation with no problems. I say go for it. They have a power reserve indicator, so you'd be able to monitor it and either adjust your wearing habits (go for a 3 mile run with it on!!!) or flip it if you decide it's just not going to work out. Also, consider buying used. Then you won't lose anything (or very little) if things don't work out. Used BFK's can be had for anywhere from 150 to 185 in good condition.
    GlennO likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Had one and flipped it in less then a month. I never could get the thing to full reserve (6 months) It stayed consistent around a one month reserve. That was wearing it a few hours a day, everyday. Great looking and feeling watch. But for the money, if I had to do over again, I would go with a Monster or 009/7 or the like.

In other words, I am NOT a Kinetic fan.

That being said, the thing is built like a tank, and if you search BFK torture on the forum you will find a pretty cool thread about the abuse it will take.
    Time is relative.

I will say that I never had any luck with my Kinetics(all four of them). Lets just leave it at that

Quote Originally Posted by Stellite View Post
    I will say that I never had any luck with my Kinetics(all four of them). Lets just leave it at that
    Me too with the older models. But the newer ones are significantly better. The watches look better, and hold power for several months. I picked this up a short while back
    Name:  SUN015P1_L.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  67.6 KB

Its a clear cut above any kinetic I've handled before and can hold its own against similar priced Tissots and Hamiltons.
    Stellite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing View Post
    Me too with the older models. But the newer ones are significantly better. The watches look better, and hold power for several months. I picked this up a short while back
    Name:  SUN015P1_L.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  67.6 KB

Its a clear cut above any kinetic I've handled before and can hold its own against similar priced Tissots and Hamiltons.

That certainly is a looker. If the kinetic quality is higher than it use to be, it may be worth it. What model is that?

i have a seiko bfk, purchased 4 months ago. it went from 1 month charge to 6 month charge wearing it during 2 days. I set to atomic time when I got it, and it is less than 1 sec off after 4 months (I wear it 4-5 days a week).
    love everything but the skeleton hands, it hasn't grown on me. Lume is gone after 2-3 hours, but doesn't bother me. besides that, only positive comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over on the Seiko forum there's also been some drooling over these new models:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post

The Kinetic movement does not get me at all excited. But that thing is stellar looking. I'd consider it if they put in a 6R15 or atleast a 4R36

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information