Should I pull the trigger?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Should I pull the trigger?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I pull the trigger?

So I've wanted a nice auto moon phase for some time and have found a too good to be true deal on a Maurice LaCroix Masterpiece Moonphase (Gray Market). The only issue is it comes with braclet and I was dead set on leather band. I can't seem to even figure out if you can order a leather Maurice LaCroix factory band. Does anyone know?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Should I pull the trigger?

There's always the aftermarket.

Yes pull the trigger.

The bracelet will cost you more if you change your mind down the line. Yes, I know you said you're dead set on leather but who knows how you'll feel in a few years.

Also, you can find very high quality leather straps for a very reasonable price. You'll have to do it anyway since leather straps will eventually wear out.
    My Watch Pics (IG) ---> CLICK HERE
    Sales Forum Feedback History ---> CLICK HERE

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Of course you can order a leather strap from Maurice like any other watch manufacturer. Weird that you even doubt that.

You have to partake in the agony of the decision process for a longer period.

Bracelet is a bonus, not an "issue". There are endless choices out there when it comes to leather straps, but a bracelet may be hard/expensive to find.
    MediumRB and ShaggyDog like this.
    Have a nice day.

Few thoughts...
    1) buy the watch, not the deal. If you are attracted to current Joma price - yes it is good, but ML is routinely discounted by large %. And price is only important if you like the watch. So if the design, style, etc really appeals - yes go for it.
    2) straps - there are hundreds that you can use. OEM bracelet is just fine. Take it off and store it if you don't like it, but you can easily get ML or any aftermarket strap to put on the watch
    3) watch itself. ML is an interesting brand. They have some uninspired watches, yet they also have some impressive ones, particularly in the Masterpiece collection. This moonphase is rather elegant and is powered by ML37 (ETA2824 movt with DD calendar module). Now, Maurice Lacroix brand is in a limbo state with potential sale pending and future uncertain. However most watchmakers should be able to service ETA2824 and Dubois-Depraz module if needed in the future, so that is not a huge concern.
    MediumRB likes this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Always buy a watch with bracelet, and later on change with aftermarket whatever strap you like. Cuz if you buy the authentic bracelet afterwards separately, it'll cost you arms and legs, whereas you can always buy aftermarket strap cheaply anywhere online :)

Pull the trigger? You can easily get new shoes for that bad boy. Wear in good health :)

As with others, I wouldn't hesitate if sourcing a strap was my only concern. I view having the bracelet as a bonus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information