Should I pull the trigger on the Deepsea Blue??

Thread: Should I pull the trigger on the Deepsea Blue??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I pull the trigger on the Deepsea Blue??

I do like the looks. That dial is special and it is relatively difficult to get where I come from...but it does feel a bit big on my wrist.

What are your thoughts on the Deepsea Blue? Is it one of those watches that you would not hesitate to get given the opportunity or is there something else in the same price range you would prefer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Should I pull the trigger on the Deepsea Blue??

I love the dial, but if itís too big then why buy it? I find that even if I love a watch comfort is the overall magic factor, youíll likely wear it for a few weeks and then it will sit because itís too big. Just use the money for something more suited to your wrist

I sold my SubND ceramic in order to buy a Deepsea, loved the watch and am use to 44mm + watches having got a Pam and U-Boats but I didnít really gel with it, love the look of it but wearing it was a different matter, I found it too deep so it sat quite high and thought I was always going to bang it on something and also thought it screamed ďlook at me Iíve got a RolexĒ!!, ok that last part is just my feelings and will not apply to everyone but regrettably I sold it for a SubC, me being a funny old bugger I also sold that as the cyclops drove me [email protected], couldnít get over having the carbuncle sitting on the crystal, funny really as itís such an iconic part of a sub (no offence to people who like it as itís a marmite thing) but it spoilt (again my opinion) the symmetry of the dial, so sold that and back to my SubNDc which is a keeper.
    I would still love a Deepsea Cameron for the rarity of it but would sit and look at it rather than wear it and that would be a waste.
    If you arenít bothered about the size or worrying about bashing it then go for it as they are a superb watch, sadly just didnít work for me.
    Current Collection

Breitling Superocean 44mm
    Casio Illuminator World Time
    Certina DS
    Citizen Aqualand II
    Citizen Aqualand Hyper Aqualand
    IWC 3717
    Omega Speedmaster 3570 Moonie
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm Orange
    Pam 111
    Rolex NDc
    Seiko 6139-6002 Poque,
    U-boat Classico Bronze 45mm
    U-Boat Classico 45mm Stratos
    U-Boat Classico U-47 AS2

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by frankie View Post
    I sold my SubND ceramic in order to buy a Deepsea, loved the watch and am use to 44mm + watches having got a Pam and U-Boats but I didnít really gel with it, love the look of it but wearing it was a different matter, I found it too deep so it sat quite high and thought I was always going to bang it on something and also thought it screamed ďlook at me Iíve got a RolexĒ!!, ok that last part is just my feelings and will not apply to everyone but regrettably I sold it for a SubC, me being a funny old bugger I also sold that as the cyclops drove me [email protected], couldnít get over having the carbuncle sitting on the crystal, funny really as itís such an iconic part of a sub (no offence to people who like it as itís a marmite thing) but it spoilt (again my opinion) the symmetry of the dial, so sold that and back to my SubNDc which is a keeper.
    I would still love a Deepsea Cameron for the rarity of it but would sit and look at it rather than wear it and that would be a waste.
    If you arenít bothered about the size or worrying about bashing it then go for it as they are a superb watch, sadly just didnít work for me.
    I have similar feelings. I do have large watches even a 47mm panerai and almost 50mm Bulgari Chronosprint...but i think you nailed when you said the Deepsea Blue sits rather high on the wrist..my other big watches are not as thick as compared to the Deepsea...

I've been recently coming to the conclusion that I prefer slimmer, smaller, and lighter. Big and heavy can be fun on occasion but not for every day, and I'm not spending over $10k for an occasional watch

That dial is awesome but if you’re having difficulty justofying it then it’s not meant to be.

There are are a bunch of watches I’d like to get but I just can’t justify them at the moment becuase I’ve already got more than enough plus there’s so,e other stuff I’d like to use the cash for

I'd say if you're conflicted, I'd pass on it unless money is no object. That's a lot to spend on a watch that you aren't completely in love with.

Thats for the comments...im going to have one more look and hopefully make the right decision...still that blue dial is so attractive...

There should be lots of them around on eBay or sales corners. If you buy it cheap then it’s less of an issue of you don’t like it later on.

Went to see the Deepsea again. Was considering the Panerai 616 Carbotech as alternative...but found that the Deepsea was not as big as my earlier impression. So now Iím back to considering the Deepsea Blue..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information