Should I send my Longines chronograph in for repair?

Thread: Should I send my Longines chronograph in for repair?

Should I send my Longines chronograph in for repair?

There seems to be some problems in the chronograph function of my Longines. I bought my watch about two months ago, and this morning, while measuring time, I noticed that the minute-hand of the chronograph was stuck in 11min position. I reseted and restarted it just to notice that this time it was stuck in 1min position each time I tried it. I called my AD and they promised to send it in to warranty service as soon as I bring them my watch. However, for the last two hours the chronograph has worked well without any problems, no matter how long I keep it running or how often I restart it etc.

So what should I do? Does anyone have a clue what could be the reason for the problems? Should I send it in anyway, even though everything seems to work well again?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Should I send my Longines chronograph in for repair?

Not sure if this helps, but I had a similar problem with a Glycine chrono I bought new, which has the 7750 movement. Almost immediately, the sweep second hand started getting stuck around 40 seconds (on the "8") every time I started up the chrono.

I was about to send it back and then just kept running the chrono, resetting it, starting it again, etc. and it freed up and has run fine ever since.

I always figured maybe if they sat on the dealer's shelf too long that maybe the oil got a little gummy or something?

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

As long as you've still got some warranty left (which I assume you do since you bought it just 2 months ago) I would keep it. Sending it back will only mean you lose the watch for a significant amount of time while it seems to be functioning well at the moment. If later on, it would malfunction again, you could always decide to send it back at that time (that is of course, if you've still got plenty of warranty time left)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Make sure it's wound up properly. Happened to my conquest with 7750 movement last night also. The second hand would reach 59 and get stuck there, then I realized that I haven't worn the watch for a while and it was probably low on power reserve. So I wind it up fully and it's fine now.

I was thinking the same thing as you. Dang, gotta send it in for warranty.

The problem returned. I brought my watch to the AD.

Thanx for your thoughts!

Thread Information