Should I Trade my SMPc Blue for a Seiko Sla021/ sbdx023?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Should I Trade my SMPc Blue for a Seiko Sla021/ sbdx023?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should I Trade my SMPc Blue for a Seiko Sla021/ sbdx023?

Hey all,
    I may have hit my head at one point in time recently. I know the SMPc is not for everyone. I always loved it from afar, even when I had my PO . So I recently obtained my SMPc from an original owner in Like New condition. Purchased directly from a Omega Boutique in April of this year, so all cards, and huge wood box is present. And on top of that, it now has a 5 year warranty.
    So here's where it gets goofy. I have been eyeing the Seiko SLA021/ SBDX023 on watchrecon. And my watch funds don't allow me just to purchase it outright, so I would have to trade my SMPc for one or sell it?

Am I crazy? Would love to hear all sides of each. Whether I'm crazy or a good argument for either watch.Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Re: Should I Trade my SMPc Blue for a Seiko Sla021/ sbdx023?

Not crazy, I love both but personally prefer the aesthetics of the SMPc---Name:  7E7AC5DB-76D3-4B19-B59C-77DD6EA39B37.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  330.2 KB

This is difficult to respond to because these are two completely different watches. Do you want a refined, elegant diver or you want an unabashed tool diver? What fits better with your lifestyle and collection?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Moss28 View Post
    This is difficult to respond to because these are two completely different watches. Do you want a refined, elegant diver or you want an unabashed tool diver? What fits better with your lifestyle and collection?

I'm all over the place. Not a suit guy, unless a special event. I have an Monta OK 2 Gilt, CW Trident mk3 Black, Squale 50 Atmos Black Silver Bezel, the SMPc, and some G shocks, and a Digital Pulsar. But I guess I'm more of a Tool watch guy but my collection states otherwise..lol.

It's kind of like having a wife and a mistress. Stick with the Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by amt76 View Post
    I'm all over the place. Not a suit guy, unless a special event. I have an Monta OK 2 Gilt, CW Trident mk3 Black, Squale 50 Atmos Black Silver Bezel, the SMPc, and some G shocks, and a Digital Pulsar. But I guess I'm more of a Tool watch guy but my collection states otherwise..lol.

Hmm ok. The Omega is objectively the nicer watch but I suppose you wouldn't be asking if you truly loved having it so you might as well move it. You can always buy it back if you miss it.

Tough one. The Omega is the nicer watch but there is something special about the seiko model. I've owned versions of both. The Omega much more comfortable but the Seiko the more recent experience. The Omega has some elements like the bezel which I don't love and the Seiko is really, really tall and can be top heavy. The Omega is more of an all around watch, more versatile. But if you don't need a one watch only watch I'd go with your gut. You can always get the same omega again if you feel it's a mistake.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Ball Fireman NECC
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Quote Originally Posted by 41Mets View Post
    Tough one. The Omega is the nicer watch but there is something special about the seiko model. I've owned versions of both. The Omega much more comfortable but the Seiko the more recent experience. The Omega has some elements like the bezel which I don't love and the Seiko is really, really tall and can be top heavy. The Omega is more of an all around watch, more versatile. But if you don't need a one watch only watch I'd go with your gut. You can always get the same omega again if you feel it's a mistake.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the input. I did notice the thickness on the Seiko. Even with my wrist being 8" I'm not that big on watches so top heavy..

You're crazy.

Keep the Omega.
    amt76 likes this.

I’d never trade an Omega for a Seiko, unless it said Grand Seiko on the dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    amt76 likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information