WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Show off your PERLATIVE CERONOMETERS!

9K views 43 replies 34 participants last post by  sticky 
#1 ·
How many own one of these glorious Tevise Sub Homages? How much did you pay?

Here's mine, newly arrived:

(I call it CHINESE HULK)

US $24.08, all in. Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Green Fashion accessory
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Green Fashion accessory
Fashion accessory Jewellery Turquoise Gemstone Watch
Watch Metal Pocket watch Fashion accessory

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
Ummmm...

#12 ·
Hold on everyone, the jury is still out on this. For $25 it may be the best watch you could ever buy. You could buy a new one every year for 100 yrs and still not cover the cost of a DateJust. Factor in at least 10 Rolex Submariner services for $1050 each and you can see where we're going.

I got a "deal" on a bnib Invicta Pro-Diver 40mm, Seiko NH25A auto movement, for $29. I own 2 Rolex, 2 Oris, Omega, GP, and I have to say that the Invicta is a pretty nice watch. I'll let everyone know when, and if, it craps out on me, but it may be good for a few years.

#13 ·
Actually, bearing in mind how much this cost, it's pretty darn good. Kudos to the OP. The printing is crisp, applied indices, assuming ss case and bracelet, engraved rotor, and embossed crown. Hands are a bit short, but you can find that even at 100 times the price. And not many folks have a perlative ceronometer. One wonders why they messed this up when they managed to get 'Officially Certified' text right. Still, I bet it always raises a smile when you strap it on, which is surely the whole point of watch buying.

I'm also wondering how much this watch actually cost to make/distribute/ship etc and still make a profit. Impressive.

#17 ·
Well, a Ceronometer (or Cyranometer) measures how big your nose is, and "perlative" evidently means "pertaining to La Perla". Assuming that "nose" is a euphemism, what they're telling you is that this watch measures how your, uh, size, is effective at getting women to remove their lingerie. And isn't that, after all, the purpose of the original Rolex? ;)

#41 ·
Well, a Ceronometer (or Cyranometer) measures how big your nose is, and "perlative" evidently means "pertaining to La Perla". Assuming that "nose" is a euphemism, what they're telling you is that this watch measures how your, uh, size, is effective at getting women to remove their lingerie. And isn't that, after all, the purpose of the original Rolex? ;)
This thread needs more pics.

Clothing Fashion model Lingerie Undergarment Thigh

#37 ·
Assembled by Burmese dissidents at a labor camp in Tibet; or N Koreans being re-educated thanks to the Special Industrial Zone. All it needs is a blood diamond bezel.

Lots of creative ways to build these cheaply these days.

Sent from my cracked, broken hand wound phone. IG @morning_tundra

#21 ·
Wow I thought I had a great deal for my Invicta diver at $85, if it is as good quality wise and lasts as long as the I, it'd be a damn fine watch for the money especially since no one notices a watch out in the real world, right :think:

#24 ·
I have one. It was less than $20 shipped.

Sure the build quality is a bit ropey and you can't swim with it, but I find it more comfortable than my Ocean One. The slightly larger size suits my big wrists better too.

I'm not saying it's a great watch, but for $20 maybe everyone should have one just for the sense of perspective.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: hollywoodphil
#25 ·
And people wonder about derision for “homages”

Reactions: watchcrank_tx
#34 · (Edited)
I will admit to buying one of these. It's the green version and I got it for $19.00 all in. I wear it once a year, on St. Patrick's Day, on an orange and white NATO. The original bracelet (at least the version I got) was janky AF as was the feel and movement of the bezel. Also, the crown is all kinds of wiggly, though unlike my Vostok, I don't think it's a design feature.

I feel like I should include a photo with this post but I don't have one saved and am too damn comfortable here on the couch, with my beverage, to trudge my ass upstairs and take one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.