SHOWDOWN--ROUND 2! This time it's a tougher choice.....

View Poll Results: Tough Choices, but don't default to the SUMO, ready my post.......

Voters
43. This poll is closed
  • Seiko SARB071

20 46.51%
  • Orient Star Seeker

6 13.95%
  • Seiko Sumo Black

6 13.95%
  • Tissot Le Locle (Ill choose the color)

11 25.58%

Thread: SHOWDOWN--ROUND 2! This time it's a tougher choice.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SHOWDOWN--ROUND 2! This time it's a tougher choice.....

Well gents, its that time again and I have narrowed it down to 4 great watches as usual. The contenders are a bit more tough this time. In case you remember my last poll the laguna won over 50% the votes by the end. Unfortunately it wasn't right for me, dont get me wrong I am a fan of Halios and certainly the Laguna, but the 15mm ish height looked foolish on my wrists. But now here I have some dreadnoughts of the watch world.

The SARB is a classic and a beauty, the new orient Star Seeker is a GMT (in which I don't have one...yet).

The Sumo is well, phenomenal but looking at my collection I don't really need another diver, so maybe thats not the choice.

The watch I really need is a dress watch so the SARB and the Le Locle are my top two, but I really can't decide. The Tissot is the most dressy but the sumo is really calling me. But would the SUMO look funny on my wrist (6.8")? Also, does the gold Le Locle have gold case-back so it matches the rest of the case or is it SS?

Thanks for voting and please comment or make any recommendations that are equal to my selections.....

Edit----The poll question should read: "...read my post"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by averagejoe303; September 3rd, 2011 at 03:53.
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

Seiko SNKEO9K1 ----- Omega Seamaster "Geneva" ---- Seiko 6309-7290 ----- Seiko SSC015 ---- Revue Thommen Airspeed

Re: SHOWDOWN--ROUND 2! This time it's a tougher choice.....

One can never have enough divers!
    The Sumo has a smaller bracelet and hugs the wrist, so it should look bad on a smaller wrist.
    If you really need a dress watch, then go for the Tissot. They're excellent bang for the buck IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue bird View Post
    One can never have enough divers!
    The Sumo has a smaller bracelet and hugs the wrist, so it should look bad on a smaller wrist.
    If you really need a dress watch, then go for the Tissot. They're excellent bang for the buck IMHO.
    Well, my mako XL wears excellently and If I understand it is 1-2 mm longer in diameter than the Sumo, so it could work possibly....hopefully.
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

Seiko SNKEO9K1 ----- Omega Seamaster "Geneva" ---- Seiko 6309-7290 ----- Seiko SSC015 ---- Revue Thommen Airspeed

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Sumo in spite of its name is not that big really, especially by today's standard. My wrist is only 2mm bigger at 7" and the Sumo is quite perfect. It's elegant sculpted case lines make it look pretty slender I think and a bit more refined than a lot of divers. It's by no means a dress watch but it's at ease at the office with dress shirts. I wore mine to work at the office three days over the past week on a black white-stitch leather and it worked really well I thought. Depends what you need a dress watch for and how often. If you really need something dressier, I'd go with the SaRB for sure. I was impressed with mine and I don't like the textured dial and roman numerals o the Tissot.
    Good luck
    | ALPINA Tribute to KM710 | AVI-8 P-51 Mustang | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | DOXA 1200t Pro | ERNST & BENZ custom Chronosport | FARER Lander & Pointing II LE #2/100 GMT's, Pendine Chrono | GSD 3A pilot | MERCER Madison | NODUS Retrospect | NORQAIN Adventure Sport | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne Gen I LE PVD Auto, DiverOne GenII X 9 :) | SEIKO Turtles SPB087 & SRP777 | SINN 103 | SPINNACKER Fleuss, Hull Riviera, & Hull Chrono II | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Skytrain, DDAY + Air Defenders Blue, Panda LE, Hulk Rosegold, Black PVD | TRASKA Freediver | TUDOR North Flag | SEIKO MM200 SPB087 | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom | ZENITH Cronometro CP2 WWP LE #43/50[B] |

Preordered: ASTOR & BANKS SeaRanger

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    The Sumo in spite of its name is not that big really, especially by today's standard. My wrist is only 2mm bigger at 7" and the Sumo is quite perfect. It's elegant sculpted case lines make it look pretty slender I think and a bit more refined than a lot of divers. It's by no means a dress watch but it's at ease at the office with dress shirts. I wore mine to work at the office three days over the past week on a black white-stitch leather and it worked really well I thought. Depends what you need a dress watch for and how often. If you really need something dressier, I'd go with the SaRB for sure. I was impressed with mine and I don't like the textured dial and roman numerals o the Tissot.
    Good luck
    Thanks for the input! Comparing wrist shots on James Stacey's excellent review of the Sumo on youtube compared with Stacey's other excellent review of the Mako XL solidifies my belief that the Sumo would work on my wrist. This just got interesting....
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

Oops
    | ALPINA Tribute to KM710 | AVI-8 P-51 Mustang | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | DOXA 1200t Pro | ERNST & BENZ custom Chronosport | FARER Lander & Pointing II LE #2/100 GMT's, Pendine Chrono | GSD 3A pilot | MERCER Madison | NODUS Retrospect | NORQAIN Adventure Sport | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne Gen I LE PVD Auto, DiverOne GenII X 9 :) | SEIKO Turtles SPB087 & SRP777 | SINN 103 | SPINNACKER Fleuss, Hull Riviera, & Hull Chrono II | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Skytrain, DDAY + Air Defenders Blue, Panda LE, Hulk Rosegold, Black PVD | TRASKA Freediver | TUDOR North Flag | SEIKO MM200 SPB087 | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom | ZENITH Cronometro CP2 WWP LE #43/50[B] |

7" wrist
    SARB

SUMO

On bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep99dad View Post
    7" wrist
    SARB

SUMO

Looks like it would fit me perfectly! Thanks again for the input!
    "Tempus Fugit"

Current Collection:

You are welcome. And IIRC they have the same Mvts? 6R15?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information