Similar to ...

Thread: Similar to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar to ...

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a watch that channels this aesthetic:

OFFICIAL ROLEX WEBSITE - HOMEPAGE

for under $4000?

I am not interested in purchasing a Rolex per se, but I really loved the look of this particular Daytona.

Thanks for your help!

Banned

Re: Similar to ...

Invicta Speedway. If you're looking for a knock off, then go with the cheapest one and save the other $3900 towards the Daytona you really want. Nothing else will sate that diesire except the real deal and I'm sure there are plenty of other members who will agree with that.

I am not looking for a knock off. Sorry if I gave that impression. I am looking for a great watch in its own right, but was just using this Rolex as an example. And like I said, I don't really want to purchase a Rolex. Not now, not 10 years from now when I hope to be able to afford it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Have you looked at the Omega Speedmaster Professional? All I can really think of when you say "Daytona, but not an homage" is any other chronograph.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Actually, I was looking at this: OMEGA Watches: Speedmaster Broad Arrow - Steel on leather strap - 321.12.42.50.02.001

I've also been looking at the IWC pilot's chronograph 3717-01. That's actually my top choice right now, but I am worried that the 42mm dial is too big for my wrist. I couldn't decide when I tried it on, but 42 is pushing it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ASWatchName View Post
    Actually, I was looking at this: OMEGA Watches: Speedmaster Broad Arrow - Steel on leather strap - 321.12.42.50.02.001

I've also been looking at the IWC pilot's chronograph 3717-01. That's actually my top choice right now, but I am worried that the 42mm dial is too big for my wrist. I couldn't decide when I tried it on, but 42 is pushing it.
    The IWC doesn't look anything like the Rolex. The Speedmaster does resemble it in the 3 - 6 - 9 subdial position at least. Older Daniel JeanRichard pieces like the Bressel are only 37 or 38 mm wide and have the same layout. You can find them well under $2000 BNIB and under $1000 pre-owned. How about an automatic Speedmaster Reduced? Plenty of options with several dial colors. There's Valjoux based versions (reference 3211/12, or 3220/21/22 to name a few) with subdials at 6, 9, and 12 or the classic 3, 6, 9 layout (reference 3510 or 3539) using an ETA with a DD module.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    The IWC doesn't look anything like the Rolex. The Speedmaster does resemble it in the 3 - 6 - 9 subdial position at least. Older Daniel JeanRichard pieces like the Bressel are only 37 or 38 mm wide and have the same layout. You can find them well under $2000 BNIB and under $1000 pre-owned. How about an automatic Speedmaster Reduced? Plenty of options with several dial colors. There's Valjoux based versions (reference 3211/12, or 3220/21/22 to name a few) with subdials at 6, 9, and 12 or the classic 3, 6, 9 layout (reference 3510 or 3539) using an ETA with a DD module.
    Agreed that the IWC 3717-01 looks very different. The spitfire with brown strap would be more similar, but I don't know -- just didn't like the spitfire models at the store. No rhyme or reason and who says I can't like two completely different watches? =) In any event, what I like about the Daytona, and what I haven't seen in any other watch, is the combination of slate dial with white gold casing. I don't expect to find white gold in my price range, but just thought the combination was beautiful when I saw it.

Thanks for the tips though -- I will take a look at your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    Invicta Speedway. If you're looking for a knock off, then go with the cheapest one and save the other $3900 towards the Daytona you really want. Nothing else will sate that diesire except the real deal and I'm sure there are plenty of other members who will agree with that.
    Here's one member that can attest to that, +1

Quote Originally Posted by ASWatchName View Post

The Broad Arrow looks sick. It's in my top three for my next watch (technically the GMT version, as 42mm is a bit small for me, even though the Speedy Pro is in the running). I'd buy it. Hell, I'd buy that over the Daytona in a straight up battle.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

So I did some searching of the forums for the broad arrow, and came across discussions regarding the 33xx caliber movements. Some users have apparently reported serious issues with the movement. What's the general consensus on this? Has Omega addressed the issues with this movement? Or should I stay away? If I decide on this watch, I will definitely buy from an AD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information