Sinn U1 vs. IWC Aquatimer?
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Sinn U1 vs. IWC Aquatimer?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sinn U1 vs. IWC Aquatimer?

Sinn U1 vs. IWC Aquatimer...Help me out....Which takes your vote and why?

Re: Sinn U1 vs. IWC Aquatimer?

Aquatimer for me. Pick it up and look at the care and attention put into the case. The blend of polished and brushed steel is fantastic. Add to that the sheer quality of construction, indeed the weight of it and I found the choice easy. Ps the lume is amazing, have a search here for those pictures.

You do not say which model you are looking at. I went for the Chrono. (Limited edition Cousteau model).

I don't own the Sinn so I can't comment if it is good or bad, what I can say is that for me the IWC is good.
    wicked and Bidle like this.

I dont know, given a choice I'd pick the Aquatimer in a flash, but I havent seen the U1 in person. Still...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Aquatimer on looks alone. The Sinn is a well built watch but the hands kill it for me.
    rics21 likes this.

I too own that Aquatimer. I would rate it among the greatest chronographs ever made, in terms of a field capable performance oriented mechanical watch. Extraordinary readability in low light, better even than the Fifty Fathoms. A timing bezel that is particularly usable in low light because of the white highlight. Pushers that can be actuated at depth, the bracelet can be removed by hand and doesn't use spring bars, links can be removed without special tools, the chronograph subdials do not interfere with reading the time, the chronograph is very legible in low light.....
    Last edited by Gary123; September 10th, 2013 at 00:58.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero, Roger Dubuis Excalibur 42 .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    I too own that Aquatimer. I would rate it among the greatest chronographs ever made, in terms of a field capable performance oriented mechanical watch. Extraordinary readability in low light, better even than the Fifty Fathoms. A timing bezel that is particularly usable in low light because of the white highlight. Pushers that can be actuated at depth, the bracelet can be removed by hand and doesn't use spring bars, links can be removed without special tools, the chronograph subdials do not interfere with reading the time, the chronograph is very legible in low light.....
    That sounds like one amazing watch Gary.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

I wasn't looking at the Aquatimer Chrono model but that does look great. Thanks for the feedback Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamsjz View Post
    Aquatimer for me. Pick it up and look at the care and attention put into the case. The blend of polished and brushed steel is fantastic. Add to that the sheer quality of construction, indeed the weight of it and I found the choice easy. Ps the lume is amazing, have a search here for those pictures.

You do not say which model you are looking at. I went for the Chrono. (Limited edition Cousteau model).

I don't own the Sinn so I can't comment if it is good or bad, what I can say is that for me the IWC is good.
    Last edited by DR. NO; September 10th, 2013 at 02:43. Reason: just want to end this thread

Honestly, if you can get past the hands, then the Sinn.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity here and there. Not the other way around." ~ John Cleese.

I think the comparison suffers a bit due to price difference - the Sinn has an uphill battle to fight. And the Aqua timer just looks better - especially with the yellow. The Sinn certainly looks like tool - if you are going to use it for only diving and bang the carp outa it it will serve great, but most of us wear our divers around town most - or all - of the time and the IWC just looks better in that realm.
    Both will acquit themselves well as timekeepers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

While the hands on the Sinn are growing on me, I pick the IWC. Just has a whole better look to it.
    Visionary

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information