Sinn UX S GSG 9 Landed
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Sinn UX S GSG 9 Landed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Sinn UX S GSG 9 Landed

Got this Sinn UX S GSG 9 the other day from Chronomaster and thought I'd show you peeps a few pics and pass my inital comments before doing a review after I've developed a long term opinion on this model.

First a few pics to see the kind of animal we're dealing with here

Name:  IMG_0438.JPG
Views: 2418
Size:  395.8 KB
    I expected the hydro bounce and varing misalignment of the second hand. The second hand has some slack in it so depending on the orintation of the watch the second hand will show some variation in position. No massive problem, needless to say I'd prefer perfect allignment for a watch with a UK retail of £1.6k.

Name:  IMG_0439.JPG
Views: 2423
Size:  343.1 KB
    The curved profile of the strap and rigidity at the lugs and strap connection means she hugs the wrist well. Handy because the stap can be set a little loose and therfore allow for expansion of the wrist with temperature change during the day. Having said that there is no provision for micro adjustment on the stap, something I would have liked to further optimise the fit.
    The hydro filling allows the dial to be readat unusual angles as expected. It appears that the hands are on the same plain/level as the surface of the glass.
    Name:  IMG_0429.JPG
Views: 2989
Size:  400.6 KB
    The dial is legiable enough and the logos although unnecassary are finely printed and unobtrusive.

Name:  IMG_0432.JPG
Views: 6578
Size:  410.4 KB
    The all black PVD finish is stealth and would not grab the attention of your average bling eyed magpie. To the casual observer it looks alot like it's made from plastic and is deceptively heavy for it's appearance. The average Joe will assume it's nothing special which depending on your motivation is a good or bad thing.

Name:  IMG_0434.JPG
Views: 2014
Size:  585.9 KB
    The silicone strap is cut down to size with a stanley blade or sharp knife. The clasp appears well made and machined with a possative action.

Name:  IMG_0436.JPG
Views: 1781
Size:  323.7 KB
    I would have prefered a screw down crown. On a watch that claims to be a beater with it's spec and utilitarian looks a srew down crown would make alot of sense. A screw down crown would give it more strength at the connection and reduce leaverage and any chance of bending or damage to the crown on impact. As it stands the crown freely rotates and could although it's unlikely be clicked out by miskake. Having said that it's out of the way, more so on the GSG models.
    The action of the bezel is pretty good although there is some play of around 1/2 min on the dial.

Name:  IMG_0435.JPG
Views: 1920
Size:  432.9 KB
    Strangely the case back seems to float slightly as if its spring mounted or on some kind of shallow piston. Something to do with the depth rating no doubt.

I may have appeared to be negative about this watch, the fact is I like it alot and to some extent I knew what I was getting before It arrived thanks to the other comments posted. All in all it's a great watch and will serve as I intended as a very accurate low maintenace non nonsense watch. If you want a tool to read the time I think this is it, time will tell as always.

Last edited by Young Son Time; June 25th, 2011 at 20:59.
    mikeynd likes this.

Re: Sinn UX S GSG 9 Landed

I had a UX that I really liked but it had the stuttering seconds hand you mentioned.
    THAT bugged holy heck out of me.
    Yours misses the marks but doesn't "bounce"?
    Nice pics and review.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Thx for sharing, enjoy the watch!
    Feel free to check out and make comments on my photo's: Click to see most of my watches!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Yep mine misses depending on how its held, ie the second hand gets pulled down about 1/8 of a second by its own weight. Also has the bounce but I would guess that all UX's have that.

More pics

Name:  P6250555.JPG
Views: 2598
Size:  513.6 KB

Name:  P6250562.JPG
Views: 1576
Size:  513.2 KB

Name:  P6250566.JPG
Views: 1334
Size:  491.0 KB

Name:  P6250567.JPG
Views: 1665
Size:  518.2 KB
    If you look at the letter H where it reads HYDRO on the dial you will see a small something that looks like a hair or dust. This is actually something inside the oil and gets disturbed by the hand as they pass round, not sure exactly where it came from or what it is, there are a few of these in the oil....not ideal!
    Last edited by Young Son Time; June 25th, 2011 at 21:14.

Banned

Killer watch, but I am very surprised the crown doesn't screw down. That seems very strange indeed. Also surprised that the oil has been contaminated with the particles you mentioned. I thought Sinn has an excellent reputation for quality.

Banned

This watch just stopped dead after only 3 days............PATHETIC

Dont even think about buying one.

All things considered my revised rating is 0.000000001/10 and thats generous

Get a £15 casio they have a higher build quality

Banned

My first JLC stopped working after a couple of days. I had it fixed on the warranty, and it has worked beautifully since!

Do not worry, Sinn will fix it!

Nice Sinn!

Banned

I do not think you need a screw down crown, because of the oil inside the watch case.

looks to me like it's a quartz model, perhaps the battery was faulty or just a dud. i'd send it back or notify the company of the issue at least, and give it another go. Sinn, in my opinion, are quite fine timepieces, and i highly doubt this is an indicator of their overall quality.
    personally, i would have gone with an auto model, but that's neither here nor there.
    also, i might question the dealer whom it was purchased from. the 'hairs in the oil' thing would not have happened, imo, if it were purchased straight from the manufacturer.
    could this be a knock-off?
    just some things to ponder before going all 'Helsonbad' on the company.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information