Sm300 homage
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By docvail
  • 1 Post By Mikefable

Thread: Sm300 homage

Sm300 homage

Need advice! I’m trying to decide from a helson sharkmaster 300, a borealis estoril and the nth scorpene. I’m new to a lot of this but the helson looks to me like the best value. Any recommendations??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Sm300 homage

You should check out NTH's Odin black. Coming out this spring.
    Seeking watch nirvana

Yeah, I was thinking OP meant the Odin, not the Scorpène.

Hi, I'm Chris. I own NTH.

Hard to make a bad choice here, but this may help...

Helson - I owned one. I've always loved that SM300 look, and I thought the Helson was about as good as I'd get for the price. I reviewed it here - https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

I sold it soon after, but not because I didn't like it. Other than a very few, very small quibbles, I loved it. I just wasn't wearing it enough, and felt like I'd scratched my SM300 itch.

Borealis - I actually like the thinness of the Estoril case and the 9015 movement more than the thicker Helson with ETA. I just thought that the Helson did a better job with the small details, mostly typeface. I think the Estoril also has the better bracelet. Otherwise, I know Borealis makes a quality watch at a great price, they've sold a bunch of them, and you should have no difficulty finding people to sing the Estoril's praises.

NTH - the Odin will be available within the next few weeks or month. It's not exactly an SM300 homage. It's more of a mash-up of SM300, SMP2254.50 and Rolex 6205. I wasn't sure people would like the Omega aesthetic in a vintage Rolex inspired case, but it seems the Odin has been well received so far, judging by the response on social media and the growing wait lists our retailers have been keeping.

The Scorpène will also be available again, in the same time frame, in case you did mean that one.

Whatever you decide, I hope you love what you get. Good luck with the decision.

Tapatalk now available over the counter in prescription strength. Claims of increased male virility not assessed by the FDA.
    Mikefable and DCGallenstein like this.
    This used to be my signature, but now it's just this generic drawing of a watch.

I'm not on social media 24/7. It’s not a good way to reach me for support, or for me to deliver it. In order to best serve my customers, and manage my time effectively, I have turned private messaging off. The best way to reach me is using the support page of my website. Thanks for understanding.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

NTH
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Used to own the Helson. Tank of a watch.
    Aevig Balaur(SE), Breitling Navitimer, Citizen Nighthawk, Crepas Tornado (orange), Doxa Poseidon, Eza Sealander, GS SBGH211, Glycine Combat Sub, Halios Seaforth(Gen 3), MKII Keywest (Pepsi Gilt), MKII Project 300, MKII Kingston, Speedmaster Moonwatch(Hesalite), Precista PRS-82, Raven Trekker(Gen I), Smiths Vanguard, Squale 50 Atmos, Seiko Tuna SBBN035, Seiko SARB065

Want - Zenith El Premiero, GS Snowflake, Sinn 103

Just checked out the NTH Odin. I love it! Get the NTH

Quote Originally Posted by docvail View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking OP meant the Odin, not the Scorpène.

Hi, I'm Chris. I own NTH.

Hard to make a bad choice here, but this may help...

Helson - I owned one. I've always loved that SM300 look, and I thought the Helson was about as good as I'd get for the price. I reviewed it here - https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t

I sold it soon after, but not because I didn't like it. Other than a very few, very small quibbles, I loved it. I just wasn't wearing it enough, and felt like I'd scratched my SM300 itch.

Borealis - I actually like the thinness of the Estoril case and the 9015 movement more than the thicker Helson with ETA. I just thought that the Helson did a better job with the small details, mostly typeface. I think the Estoril also has the better bracelet. Otherwise, I know Borealis makes a quality watch at a great price, they've sold a bunch of them, and you should have no difficulty finding people to sing the Estoril's praises.

NTH - the Odin will be available within the next few weeks or month. It's not exactly an SM300 homage. It's more of a mash-up of SM300, SMP2254.50 and Rolex 6205. I wasn't sure people would like the Omega aesthetic in a vintage Rolex inspired case, but it seems the Odin has been well received so far, judging by the response on social media and the growing wait lists our retailers have been keeping.

The Scorpène will also be available again, in the same time frame, in case you did mean that one.

Whatever you decide, I hope you love what you get. Good luck with the decision.

Tapatalk now available over the counter in prescription strength. Claims of increased male virility not assessed by the FDA.
    That’s some amazing customer service right there! I think I’ve decided to hold out for the odin!! My original view was the scorpene but now that I’ve seen the Odin I must have it!! I’ll be sitting here nervously tapping my fingers waiting for it! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    docvail likes this.

Thread Information