small wrist small watch
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: small wrist small watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

small wrist small watch

I saw that you all did a thread about small watches and what men should or should not wear and it didn't seem to end so great. Well I happen to have a ladies two tone with diamond dial Rolex Date just from 1973 that I have been known to wear from time to time. I wear it because I have a 6 1/2 inch wrist and it's very comfortable to wear. I also have a Yatchmaster that is huge on my wrist and very uncomfortable to wear. The Datejust watch is a great looking piece and keeps excellent time. It is 26" wide and 38" lug to lug. So my question is, is it that unusual for a man to wear this watch?

Re: small wrist small watch

Not at all.
    Many men prefer smaller watches.
    As well, many women wear larger watches.
    ------------------------------
    Good Dealings: editor9, iam7head, MrH42, curt941, nin9919, twjohnso, gr8sw, ryasja2009, Twistoff, JordanR, chili16, Captain Beefheart, litbruin, silveradosilver, iceman66, jatherly, husonfirst, Timecat, dothedo, PeekPoke, ingmar

The current trend is for larger watches, however what is truly important is that you are comfortable with your choice. It keeps great time and you like the looks; seems like there is nothing left to consider.

Lets welcome our new member by responding to this post in a manner that reflects well on us as a forum/community.

Thanks.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the kind words and laying out the welcome mat.

I've always felt that it was fine to wear my ladies Date just and never considered it to be strange until I read a couple of forums threads on the subject.
    I originally bought it for my wife but she never wears it, so one day I tried it on and thought wow that's pretty comfortable. So now I wear frequently and unfortunately my Yatchmaster has been collecting dust.

First, a 6.5 inch wrist seems to be one of the most common wrist sizes around here. Second, yes, it seems unusual to have to resort to a woman's watch, but I've seen weirder things around these parts. I have 6.5 inch wrists and am very much against giant watches. I'm also sensitive about picking watches that are flattering and not overwhelming. With that said, I have no problem with the 36-40mm range. I think you could easily pull off something in that range. 36mm is the classic gents size and it looks great on a 6.5 inch wrist. A 40mm sport watch with a thick bezel also looks great. Check out something in 36mm, it might be a comfortable bridge for you between your wife's DJ and your Yacht Master.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

That makes sense. And I do wear 36 to 40 mm watches. Most of my vintage pieces are around these sizes. I guess I wear the DJ sometimes because I like the look and due to this recession I can't afford another DJ in a midsize or full version. So I resort to the wife's Date just for a couple of days out of the month. Don't want the watch to go to waste and the wife isn't willing to let me trade it for something a little larger.

Banned

Not in certain towns

You can wear something proportionally larger, or smaller ,
    for your particular wrist size.

For you, that range will be on the smaller side. I have a friend who can't wear
    anything larger than 36mm. I know some guys who can pull off 50. If you like
    the 26mm, and it looks good on your wrist, go for it.

Cest la vie.

This is a 41mm on my 6.25-6.5" wrist.

So it really depends more on the individual watch.

Really depends on what type of watches it is. For diver, there are generally bigger and I don't mind wearing them. For classic or dress watch, I tend to go smaller. I walked in Omega store and tried on AT8500 in both sizes. The smaller version 38mm looks more refine on my 6" wrist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information