WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Smiths PRS-25 EVEREST, worth it?

7K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  lysanderxiii 
#1 ·
I know many of you own this watch, but still want to gather some quick comments on the quality as well as the general performance.
The Miyota 9015 sounds like some cheap Japan made thing, is it worth the money?
Thanks in advance for any input.

#6 ·
9015 is a solid movement. The first thing I suggest is a forum search and learning about the 9015 then you can better judge value for yourself, since value is very subjective, keep it mind it is a $400 watch.

#8 ·
The Citizen/Miyota 9015 is a hand windable, hackable movement that is often compared to the Swiss made ETA 2824 or better. It is not a cheap Japan made thing and items from Japan have been noted for their meticulous attention to detail for decades. The Smith's you are referring to seems to be a solid offering and is well reviewed generally by those who own them here at WUS.

#12 ·
I'm guessing you don't drive a Toyota? The Everest has been around for a few years and a google search will show a number of reviews on both the watch and the Miyota. I have one watch with a 9015 and it runs fine and keeps great time. The automatic winding is perhaps not quite as efficient as my ETA's. I'm also not the most active person on the planet.

#14 ·
The Citizen-Miyota 9015 is an incredible movement, in my personal experience I like it better than its ETA counterparts due to the more robust keyless works.

Reactions: UKMike
#17 ·
I have that watch, I paid a quarter of the price of that link and I've never seen it sold for anywhere near that price which I guess might be the MRSP, but is perpetually discounted.

It's nice but not in the same league as the PRS, in my experience real-world prices give a decent indication of quality, but not MRSP when brands discount deeply.

#21 ·
While a vintage Smith's is probably a more interesting piece for a watch collection, the new one from Timefactors is most definitely a better choice for a wearable watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.