Snooty shop assistant change of attitude
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Snooty shop assistant change of attitude

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Snooty shop assistant change of attitude

On my last day of leave today, took my wife for a buffet breakfast and took the opportunity to strap on a new watch I've had for a few weeks but didn't have the occasion to wear. Afterwards we walk past the LV boutique in the mall next to the hotel and she tells me that there is a bag that she wants. I agree to buy it for her as I was feeling a little guilty about the Speedy and Nomos I ordered this week and didn't yet tell her about.
    I tell her to choose what she wants while I browse through the shoes in the neighbouring boutiques.
    Shocked by the shoe prices at Berluti, I return to LV to see if she's done. The guy serving her was looking rather bored and being a bit snooty about her choices while his colleague was gushing over a woman looking at bigger and more expensive bags. WHile I'm waiting for her to make up her mind, I o and have a look at their blingy shoes.
    While I'm paying the guy notices my watch and says that it looks really classy and wants to know the brand. He tells me I have excellent taste and now he's suddenly all smiles and very chatty. he noticed me looking at the shoes and wants to help me find a pair. I tell him the LV shoes are too shiny for me and that I'm looking for a pair of balmorals made in England. Then he goes on about his favorite shoe brands and tells me I'll have to go to Dubai to find them.
    I'm thinking is this because he noticed my watch or maybe he likes guys.
    Besides people working in watch shops and nosy family members, my watches largely goes unnoticed.
    I was wearing this:
    Name:  IMG_9335.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  38.7 KB

Re: Snooty shop assistant change of attitude

Never know... it could be the watch. Or since his attitude changed while you were paying, it could have been your form of payment. Meaning, if you paid with a Black card, that could be very exciting for a sales guy. Or if you peeled off a few large bills and had many large bills visibly left, that can also excite a salesperson. I too would like to believe it was the watch but who knows... BTW, a very nice watch. The young lady working in the new neighborhood cigar lounge last night noticed my watch and complimented it and also treated me well following her comment about my watch. I'm going to chalk it up to the fact that I bought two boxes of cigars and that I was in there two nights ago and we had a pretty good conversation about heavy metal but... never know!
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

He probably, really, really liked you!
    Donf likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well that's the thing. We moan and act all disappointed because no one ever mentions or comments on the watch we are wearing, but when someone does we moan and act all disappointed in that it shaped their attitude towards us. Weird that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyDog View Post
    Well that's the thing. We moan and act all disappointed because no one ever mentions or comments on the watch we are wearing, but when someone does we moan and act all disappointed in that it shaped their attitude towards us. Weird that.
    I'm not disappointed. I just surprised. It's like he was sleeping and suddenly woke up.

It definitely wasn't the form of payment. Maybe Little Big Feather is right ;)

Male salesman in an upscale women's store who is bored dealing with your wife and perks up when he deals with you...hmmm... yeah, must have been your watch.
    Quake1028 likes this.
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Docrwm View Post
    Male salesman in an upscale women's store who is bored dealing with your wife and perks up when he deals with you...hmmm... yeah, must have been your watch.
    LOL. I mean, you have to wonder...
    blowfish89 likes this.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Quote Originally Posted by Docrwm View Post
    Seriously, I think he's just counting the days til he can transfer into the men's department..
    Nokie likes this.

Or he finds it more interesting to talk about men's shoes than about ladies' h a n d b a g s.
    Jeannie
    drhr, bacari and brummyjon like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information