So it comes down to this...
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: So it comes down to this...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

So it comes down to this...

So right now im torn, im have the funding available that I could buy a decent Omega, but at the same time I could buy a half decent watch, use the remainder to pay off some stuff, and be square.

What im wondering is if someone my age (17) should even be considering buying something like a Omega? I was originally going to buy a MSAR, and be happy with that though im not sure.

Any outside opinion would be nice, thanks.

Re: So it comes down to this...

your 17, enjoy it while it lasts. buy the omega.

cheers,

James
    JoeyLotion likes this.

Hope you reply with "you got it wrong, dude" but how I read it, you've got your priorities wrong.

First and foremost, you should avoid being in debt or owe money to anyone/anything. Checkout the meaning of networth and put it in your life plan (the joy of being solvent and able to buy any watch at any time)

Then, consider your other priorities - education (aren't you going to college soon or smth?) This is a strategic and long-term investment far, far more important than any watch. If you graduate from a good school, chances are no single watch will be out of your reach.

As long as you are healthy, your family is cool and there is no better use of your money, or you cannot spend it on a trip to Europe with some friends - I say go for the Omega. However, seems like you have some stuff to pay off...

Good luck with whatever decision you make and apologies if I got it wrong and you're the kind of man with 20:20 vision on things ;)
    The 1st Rule of WUS Club is: No Pictures - No Help.
    The 2nd Rule of WUS Club is: No Pictures - It Didn't Happen.
    The 3rd Rule of WUS Club is: Read the rules on top of the page.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

WnS

An appreciation for fine watches is a sign of maturity and taste, you'll definitely stand out from the crowd at school (in a good way). Get the Omega.
    I'm content with my watch collection

There aren't any girls where you live or what?
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    There aren't any girls where you live or what?
    Haha thats pretty funny.

On a side I think I may just buy the MSAR I originally had slated, sure no one will know who or what Marathon is, but I will, and thats what matters. Or I could buy a half decent pilot watch, or a vintage Omega (which I like the ideal of, they look a bit old and torn up, but they are nice.)

Girls dont tend to cost me $1500, and I can't wear them on my wrist for the next 20 years or so, + watches dont complain.

Quote Originally Posted by tom_hanx View Post
    Hope you reply with "you got it wrong, dude" but how I read it, you've got your priorities wrong.

First and foremost, you should avoid being in debt or owe money to anyone/anything. Checkout the meaning of networth and put it in your life plan (the joy of being solvent and able to buy any watch at any time)

Then, consider your other priorities - education (aren't you going to college soon or smth?) This is a strategic and long-term investment far, far more important than any watch. If you graduate from a good school, chances are no single watch will be out of your reach.

As long as you are healthy, your family is cool and there is no better use of your money, or you cannot spend it on a trip to Europe with some friends - I say go for the Omega. However, seems like you have some stuff to pay off...

Good luck with whatever decision you make and apologies if I got it wrong and you're the kind of man with 20:20 vision on things ;)
    My school is paid for, thankfully., atleast for say U of C or something to that effect.

Im still thinking it over, but at the moment I have $1100 to deal with, and can get another $400 or so soon.

Hell if I could get a Omega for $1100 id be happy, but that isn't the case.
    Last edited by ToXic; May 1st, 2011 at 10:07.

I'm with Tom_Hanx here.

Get yourself a degree or vocational qualification or start a business: anything for a prosperous future.

Make sure that in 10 years you can look back and say "wow how did I get here? I'm going to buy myself a watch to congratulate myself".

Just try not to buy 6 of them like the rest of us...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBentley View Post
    I'm with Tom_Hanx here.

Get yourself a degree or vocational qualification or start a business: anything for a prosperous future.

Make sure that in 10 years you can look back and say "wow how did I get here? I'm going to buy myself a watch to congratulate myself".

Just try not to buy 6 of them like the rest of us...
    Would like to go into engineering or medicine. Almost screwed myself in highschool by not taking physics at first, but made up for it with summer school.
    Regrettably its hard to maintain the marks medicine is after, but I do try.

At your age I was thinking about an Omega too (a moonwatch). I didn't bought and it was a mistake because I still want one. Even if it was costly it would still be valuable and I would have enjoyed it for many years... so if you can afford it, GO FOR IT.

About graduation and long term investments... good luck! Once I believed a good graduation could be an investment that in the long term will pay, but there is really no guarantee that even an excellent graduation from a renowned university will get you a good career... at least in Italy I know many engineers with first class degree and a miserable salary I hope Canada is better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    At your age I was thinking about an Omega too (a moonwatch). I didn't bought and it was a mistake because I still want one. Even if it was costly it would still be valuable and I would have enjoyed it for many years... so if you can afford it, GO FOR IT.

About graduation and long term investments... good luck! Once I believed a good graduation could be an investment that in the long term will pay, but there is really no guarantee that even an excellent graduation from a renowned university will get you a good career... at least in Italy I know many engineers with first class degree and a miserable salary I hope Canada is better than this.
    Im in the oil province, our main companies working in Fort Mac. could always use more engineers! God even lowly ring jockeys get 50/hr lol.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information