Is it so hard to attach pics to a sales post?

Thread: Is it so hard to attach pics to a sales post?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Is it so hard to attach pics to a sales post?

I see so many posts on the Sales forum now that don't have pics attached. Do sellers really expect they will sell a watch sight unseen? Is it really that difficult to download a pic to the post? Well I know it isn't, because if I can do it anyone can. The other annoyance is when sellers say they will post pics later. Well why not wait until thay have pics uploaded before they place their ad? Is there that much urgency to their sale. Surely the administrators can make posting pics mandatory. It's starting to annoy the hell out of me.

Re: Is it so hard to attach pics to a sales post?

If there are no pics in a FS listing, I automatically assume the worst - seller is attempting to deceive.

If there were nothing bad in the pics, then, I agree, why not post them?

Another deceptive practice is posting stock pictures of the same model as the watch for sale, but not the actual watch. There is one listing currently in the FS forum for a watch I am interested in, but the two pics posted are stock pics. I PM'd the seller and asked if he had any pics of the actual watch for sale and he said that he did, but he would only send them to my e-mail, not by PM.

How is this not a big red flag?

It would be nice to require pictures of the actual watch. Mods, is this possible?
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    If there are no pics in a FS listing, I automatically assume the worst - seller is attempting to deceive.

Another deceptive practice is posting stock pictures of the same model as the watch for sale, but not the actual watch. There is one listing currently in the FS forum for a watch I am interested in, but the two pics posted are stock pics. I PM'd the seller and asked if he had any pics of the actual watch for sale and he said that he did, but he would only send them to my e-mail, not by PM.

It would be nice to require pictures of the actual watch. Mods, is this possible?
    I don't know why the moderators aren't policing this a bit more. A couple of days ago it seemed like one post in three didn't have a photo and only a very sketchy description of the watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Depends on the seller. If the images are only available via email I move on. If they're on another site like PhotoBucket I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt. But your point is well taken. Sellers who want to be taken seriously attach images to their listings.

I have bought a couple of watches where the seller sent the pictures by email. They are still in transit. I was wondering how is getting pictures by email different from getting them in a PM ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fatehbajwa View Post
    I have bought a couple of watches where the seller sent the pictures by email. They are still in transit. I was wondering how is getting pictures by email different from getting them in a PM ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I would have thought most people have their watch photos (assuming they actually have photos) on their hard drive, so are they just too lazy to find out how to upload to their sales post?
    Last edited by dfl3506; February 7th, 2012 at 12:23.

No picture, no buying.. As simple as that. Probably, they don't want their watch to be sold. So, its ok! I know they have bad marketing skill.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Quote Originally Posted by dfl3506 View Post
    I don't know why the moderators aren't policing this a bit more. A couple of days ago it seemed like one post in three didn't have a photo and only a very sketchy description of the watch.
    You seriously expect the Moderators to police a seller adding a picture to a sales post? There's no rule anyway. If a seller is too dumb to add a picture why would the Moderator want to get involved? If there's no picture, move on.
    If you suspect a scammer, report it. Most scammers are smart enough to put in a picture even if it's bogus.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

No. There's no rule for this and we have enough to do. Do your own diligence. Report potential scammers to the Mods Panel using the information triangle.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by dfl3506

The fact is that every member has the ability and ultimately the responsibility to report posts that raise suspicions. This is our forum and community....so protect it and each other.

Thanks.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information