So how do I attach my new bracelet? ...

Thread: So how do I attach my new bracelet? ...

So how do I attach my new bracelet? ...

Hey, guys.

I just got a new oyster bracelet from William Jean for my Seiko SKC-173 diver. The bracelet looks really nice, but I'm having a little trouble installing it.

I was able to remove the rubber strap with no problem using the little spring bar tool. I've never installed or removed a bracelet before and I'm having trouble getting the solid end links properly in the lugs with the spring bars depressed, without gouging up the watch.

What's the trick to this?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Re: So how do I attach my new bracelet? ...

It's a tight fit but it will go on with a little patience. On wjeans ebay listing there is a review of the bracelet from a WUS member that gives you some idea of how to do it. It amounts to keeping pressure on the end link as you are fitting it into the lug. Get it started with the tool on one end, keep pressure on the other side with your fingers and it slowly advance until the pins fit into the lug hole on each side. It takes a little patience but it will go.

Re: So how do I attach my new bracelet? ...

Quote Originally Posted by AFG08 View Post
    It's a tight fit but it will go on with a little patience. On wjeans ebay listing there is a review of the bracelet from a WUS member that gives you some idea of how to do it. It amounts to keeping pressure on the end link as you are fitting it into the lug. Get it started with the tool on one end, keep pressure on the other side with your fingers and it slowly advance until the pins fit into the lug hole on each side. It takes a little patience but it will go.
    Got it installed! Thanks!

Thread Information