So I think Rolex lost my wifes watch....

Thread: So I think Rolex lost my wifes watch....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So I think Rolex lost my wifes watch....

I sent in my wifes Rolex to be serviced and they called me back last week and informed me it was being shipped back, great! Well today I call them to get a tracking number and when I go to USPS.com to track it it says .No Item Found' so I call back Rolex and they insure me that's the correct number. I asked them what address they sent it to and they told me the wrong address! They said that is the address they have on file and I told them that is wrong. I asked them if the watch was insured and they said yes and when I asked for how much they told me for the value, well then I asked them for the value and they wouldn't tell me. I called USPS and they said it should take 3-5 days yet it has been 9 and they have no record of an item with that tracking number.

Rolex said they shipped it to the record on file but there is no way that is true as I sent them a letter when I shipped out the watch with the correct address.

Anyone ever deal with anything like this before? Any help appreciated.

lvt

Re: So I think Rolex lost my wifes watch....

USPS should have info about the item if they have sent it, even if the address is wrong.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    USPS should have info about the item if they have sent it, even if the address is wrong.
    When I called they said they hav no information with that item number. They said it may take a couple days to update the information but it has been more than 7 days already.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

USPS' system isn't the best in the world. A tracking number is generated and you're notified when the label is printed. Often, I've received the automated email and the package takes hours to show up in their system. Sometimes, it's the next day. But, I've never seen one take seven days to appear.

Tell Rolex that the ball is in their court - work your way up the chain.
    Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

Angry Re: So I think Rolex lost my wifes watch....

Horrible.....

Sounds like someone got a very nice surprise delivery. I'd start the insurance claim now.

Quote Originally Posted by k7lro View Post
    But, I've never seen one take seven days to appear.
    I have seen them never appear at all, even though the item was delivered safely. That said, it would appear to have been lost and it sure is Rolex's problem.

Please tell me Rolex did not ship a watch via the USPS....

Just stupid.
    Looking for a Benarus Megladon 500m. Also the Benarus Megladon 4 Titanium.
    PM me if you've got one for sale.

Rolex ships the watches USPS registered mail, its fully insured, they will replace the watch with newer model if the watch has been discontinued.

as per having a wrong address on file, how did you pay for repair, was under warranty?

Did you ship it direct to Rolex without contacting them first?
    KOBOLD x 4, ROLEX , Corum, concord im

I deduce that someone believes he or she received a free gift--a Rolex! But I wouldn't sweat it--it's insured. Shame on the Rolex repairer for not using the address on your letter! They got into too much of a hurry! You would think that the incorrect recipient would have contacted the shipper by now. I think that you will be all right, though. If you don't receive the watch, you will receive the insurance payment and you can buy your wife another watch. This would also be the perfect time for her to look at some new Omegas!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information