So I'm thinking about flipping my Seamster 300 SPECTRE as soon as I've bought it...
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: So I'm thinking about flipping my Seamster 300 SPECTRE as soon as I've bought it...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So I'm thinking about flipping my Seamster 300 SPECTRE as soon as I've bought it...

As the title suggests there's trouble in paradise. I don't feel as if I've bonded with the watch as well as I thought I would. I'm looking at a couple of options which I'll run through now;

1, Sell the watch and get myself a nice Rolex Submariner, either a SubC, or a Sub 16610.
    2, Sell the watch and get a Rolex Explorer 1 39mm and possibly adding some extra coin from my pocket and getting a Tudor Black Bay Blue alongside it.
    3, Sell the watch and get a Speedmaster Man on the Moon manual wind with hesalite crystal and a Tudor Black Bay Blue.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, let me know what you think below.

Re: So I'm thinking about flipping my Seamster 300 SPECTRE as soon as I've bought it...

This is a tough one without knowing your collection and what you want in your replacement watch. I have a Sea-Dweller 116600, a 39mm Explorer 1 and a Speedy Pro. I think the most versatile watch out of the 3 is the Explorer. It just goes with everything and is super comfortable. I'm actually wearing it as I type this. The Speedy is a lot of fun because it looks good on so many different strap options. Mine is rarely on the bracelet and I typically wear it on a Nato. The Sub is a fantastic dive watch that I have owned in the past. While I prefer the Sea-Dweller because of the lack of cyclops and matte dial the Sub is certainly no slouch.

I noticed the Black Bay popping up in a couple of your options. You could just sell the Omega and buy a Black Bay and let the extra funds sit until you figure out your next move.

Banned

Re: So I'm thinking about flipping my Seamster 300 SPECTRE as soon as I've bought it...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Buyer's remorse strikes again. You have my sympathy. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything in the price range until I didn't have to ask on an internet forum.
    Last edited by Barry H; October 16th, 2015 at 18:59.
    u2bdet, rfortson, drhr and 5 others like this.

I would go this route, nice pilot/diver combination with class and some colour too.

Quote Originally Posted by CellestinoHernendes View Post
    3, Sell the watch and get a Speedmaster Man on the Moon manual wind with hesalite crystal and a Tudor Black Bay Blue.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
    This is a tough one without knowing your collection and what you want in your replacement watch. I have a Sea-Dweller 116600, a 39mm Explorer 1 and a Speedy Pro. I think the most versatile watch out of the 3 is the Explorer. It just goes with everything and is super comfortable. I'm actually wearing it as I type this. The Speedy is a lot of fun because it looks good on so many different strap options. Mine is rarely on the bracelet and I typically wear it on a Nato. The Sub is a fantastic dive watch that I have owned in the past. While I prefer the Sea-Dweller because of the lack of cyclops and matte dial the Sub is certainly no slouch.

I noticed the Black Bay popping up in a couple of your options. You could just sell the Omega and buy a Black Bay and let the extra funds sit until you figure out your next move.
    Thanks for the reply, you have a perfect collection! I am saving for a Sea-Dweller 4000 at the moment which is why I didn't mention it in my list (I put the Sub in as that would allow me to save the money I've already put aside for the Sea-Dweller with the two watches being very similar). The Explorer 1 is calling my name and I think this is the watch I should have bought when I bought the SPECTRE in hindsight. I want the Black Bay because I would like to keep a dive watch in the 'collection' (Not sure we can call it that at this point, I have the SPECTRE, a Tag Heuer Carrera Cal 16, and a vintage Seamaster in steel and yellow gold). I think you may have helped me answer the question, the Explorer 1 just looks so cool to me I could add that while I save for the Sea-Dweller 4000 (I think I could buy it within 1 year/1 year and 1/2).

Flog it an get thissen a Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry H View Post
    Buyer's remorse strikes again. You have my sympathy. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything in the price range until I didn't have to ask on an internet forum.
    Cheers for the reply! You are of course correct, the idea of flipping it has only just struck me and I'm feeling out my options slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    I would go this route, nice pilot/diver combination with class and some colour too.
    Thank you for your reply! This idea is attractive I'm a little hesitant because the Speedy would be a far superior chronograph to my Tag Carrera and would probably end with me selling the Tag which has more than a little sentimental value. It's a difficult decision so far!

The Explorer 1 is so cool. So much more real heritage than a watch tied to a Blockbuster film. I'd flip the Spectre and buy the Explorer and a nice beater G-Shock as a yin yang experiment.
    MIKE

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information