So when is Omega...
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: So when is Omega...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

So when is Omega...

...going to make the PO without a date wheel? I much prefer having no date, if at all possible.

My PO would definitely look nice without it, and there would be no more fussing around with the hands to advance the date.

Re: So when is Omega...

I think they do OK with the Date. And I like that they pay attention to the material/colour of the date wheel and the indices. It's the little things that matter.
    lmcgbaj likes this.
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

Agreed. I found this old pic of a photoshopped 2500. I like the 3 on the dial
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372384999.459162.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  110.7 KB
    drhr and CMTFR like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Especially since the date mechanism on the 8500 kind of sucks (don't flame me, I bought the watch). Takes like an hour and a half to change over...just silly when you can get a $500 ETA based watch that has this all figured out.

Don't have the answer but totally agree that it would look better w/o the date function. I'm very biased, though, preferring no dates on any pieces if given a choice. Very subjective, as I know some will not purchase without a date function . . .
    ImitationOfLife likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    Especially since the date mechanism on the 8500 kind of sucks (don't flame me, I bought the watch). Takes like an hour and a half to change over...just silly when you can get a $500 ETA based watch that has this all figured out.
    Completely agree. Horological laziness?
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    It's definitely one of the 8500's downfalls. It's a great movement and all, but it still could be better.

I keep looking at the photo of my watch. Man, that date cutout looks like a gaping hole in the dial. Must be the angle.
    Last edited by ImitationOfLife; June 28th, 2013 at 05:13.
    ljb187 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Don't have the answer but totally agree that it would look better w/o the date function. I'm very biased, though, preferring no dates on any pieces if given a choice. Very subjective, as I know some will not purchase without a date function . . .
    Exactly the same opinion, here!
    drhr likes this.

A no-date PO would indeed be a nice addition to Omega's roster! I have a minor pet peeve with watches that have a date window replacing an arabic numeral. The fact that the PO just has 6, 9 and 12, but a date window instead of a 3 is one of the few issues I have with the design of the watch. Might seem silly, but it's true. I find it hinders the symmetry, or balance of the dial, or something like that. That being said, it's a minor complaint I have about the watch, and I would still gladly add a PO with date to my collection if I had the opportunity, that's a nice piece you have there.

The more I think about it the more I want to see a no-date version as well. The PO is more of a weekend watch to me, less of a daily wearer. And to that end, why not loose the date?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information