Some Additions To The Collection: From Gerald Genta To Caravelle To My Wasted Youth
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Some Additions To The Collection: From Gerald Genta To Caravelle To My Wasted Youth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Some Additions To The Collection: From Gerald Genta To Caravelle To My Wasted Youth

First up is the Gerald Genta Retro Solo in 18kt gold. Automatic. I was ready to plunk down cash for a used Patek Philippe Ellipse d'Or (out of fashion and therefore reasonably priced) until Boris the Russian Jeweler showed me this...
    Watching the jump hour change as the minute hand snaps back to "00" is a hoot.

Name:  GG-1.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  230.4 KBName:  GG-2.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  224.4 KBName:  GG-3.JPG
Views: 388
Size:  229.2 KB

Next is a Tudor Prince, dial probably refinished. The silver on silver dial is much nicer than I can capture photographically.

Name:  1-TP.JPG
Views: 380
Size:  237.1 KBName:  2-TP.JPG
Views: 395
Size:  235.9 KBName:  3-TP.JPG
Views: 373
Size:  230.4 KB

Caravelle Digital.

Name:  CD-1.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  228.1 KBName:  CD-2.JPG
Views: 373
Size:  225.9 KBName:  CD-3.JPG
Views: 379
Size:  231.1 KB

Hamilton Piping Rock re-issue. This is the 1990s version with the Peseux 7001 manual wind movement.

Name:  AP-1.JPG
Views: 382
Size:  242.8 KBName:  AP-2.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  228.9 KBName:  AP-3.JPG
Views: 368
Size:  231.6 KB

The Seiko LCD that I (evidently) wore while in college. My father found it and was surprised - and a bit annoyed - that I didn't remember it (or that it was a Christmas present from him). Then again, how do you tell your 83 year old father that outside of a night in jail, a couple of girlfriends and the events that lead me to being permanently barred from living in on-campus student housing, college is pretty much a blur? Amazingly, we popped a new battery in it and it's working fine.

Name:  DSCN3605.JPG
Views: 376
Size:  226.4 KBName:  DSCN3607.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  220.7 KBName:  DSCN3604.JPG
Views: 372
Size:  233.8 KB
    Last edited by TristanZ; July 4th, 2014 at 22:14.
    mleok, adisurya, Nikoloz and 10 others like this.
    TristanZ

Audemars Piguet Bernhardt Breitling Corum JeanRichard Elgin Eterna Gerald Genta Hamilton
    IWC Jaeger-LeCoultre
    Omega Rolex Seiko Timex Vache
    ron Constantin Zenith

Horologium manuale meum stitit.

Re: Some Additions To The Collection: From Gerald Genta To Caravelle To My Wasted Youth

Caravelle is really cool! Nice additions, enjoy
    --

Re: Some Additions To The Collection: From Gerald Genta To Caravelle To My Wasted Youth

Quote Originally Posted by codereggo View Post
    Caravelle is really cool! Nice additions, enjoy
    I have really developed a soft spot for Caravelles. Yeah, they were cheapies, but they had a lot of really nice designs.
    TristanZ

Audemars Piguet Bernhardt Breitling Corum JeanRichard Elgin Eterna Gerald Genta Hamilton
    IWC Jaeger-LeCoultre
    ron Constantin Zenith

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh my God!
    That Hamilton.

You just answered for me, the question of where the new Navy Diver model design came from.

Quote Originally Posted by drunken monkey View Post
    You just answered for me, the question of where the new Navy Diver model design came from.
    I'm not sure I see a lot of Piping Rock in that diver... what I do see are elements from the Hamilton Mount Vernon.
    TristanZ

IWC Jaeger-LeCoultre
    ron Constantin Zenith

"The Seiko LCD that I (evidently) wore while in college. My father found it and was surprised - and a bit annoyed - that I didn't remember it (or that it was a Christmas present from him). Then again, how do you tell your 83 year old father that outside of a night in jail, a couple of girlfriends and the events that lead me to being permanently barred from living in on-campus student housing, college is pretty much a blur? Amazingly, we popped a new battery in it and it's working fine."

It sounds like you got more out the college "experience" than is being had currently.

I also have a soft spot for Caravelles. Good quality for the money.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by vinylgreek View Post
    It sounds like you got more out the college "experience" than is being had currently.
    It would seem so, wouldn't it?

I'm going to have to track down a few of my mates and find out for sure.
    TristanZ

IWC Jaeger-LeCoultre
    ron Constantin Zenith

That Caravelle Digital is a special watch. I shall be searching for something similar for myself.
    There's always room on top.

My Collection: JLC Reverso Squadra Hometime, Oris BC4 Retrograde Day, Mr Jones Watch The Last Laugh, Louis Erard 1931 Retrograde

Quote Originally Posted by thumos View Post
    That Caravelle Digital is a special watch. I shall be searching for something similar for myself.
    Found it on the 'Bay. They do pop up there fairly often, but usually not in the condition of the one I found.
    TristanZ

IWC Jaeger-LeCoultre
    ron Constantin Zenith

I was speaking of the round watch head in a square (hollow) frame but now that you mentioned it, it looks like the Mount Vernon did indeed add its integrated lug to the party.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information