some help please

Thread: some help please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question some help please

I just recently bought an invicta 8926c. I know the brand is not well liked, I bought it as an introduction to mechanical watches. Anyways I have been wearing the watch for about 3 days, and today I realized my watch was gaining a lot of seconds every day (about a minute every day). So I tested it today using time.gov. At 17:28 time.gov was 1 second slower than my watch, at 20:19 the same day my watch is about 7 seconds faster than time.gov. Is this normal? if not how is there a way to fix this without ruining the watch's water resistance?

Re: some help please

Just checked again, at 23:39 watch is 10 seconds faster than time.gov . anyone got any info?

Ozy

One of the Invicta scientists may have fallen asleep on the regulation table...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    One of the Invicta scientists may have fallen asleep on the regulation table...
    wow you actually made me laugh at that, so then this isn't normal. Anyone got a fix?

nobody has any idea what I should do?

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    nobody has any idea what I should do?
    If it was my watch, I would wear it for a couple of weeks straight and see if it settles down. If not, I'd send it back for a refund/exchange, or to my watchmaker for examination/adjustment. Any competent watchmaker can re-seal and pressure test it after repair, so don't worry about that.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Most all automatics will yield some variance depeding on the temperature, power reserve and position.

If it doesn't settle down before your refund/exchange period runs out, send it back for exchange.

I've read, countless times, that the accuracy of a new automatic movement can "settle in" after a few months of normal wear. I don't know if this is entirely accurate or if the accuracy out of the box is what you've got.

In any event, it can probably be adjusted by a competent watchmaker but you will void your warranty if anyone but the manufacturer opens it up.

Also, depending on the brand, model and grade of movement, the precision can vary. Some are considered within spec if they run +/- 30 seconds/day, some 15s and some 5s.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by bluloo View Post
    Most all automatics will yield some variance depeding on the temperature, power reserve and position.

If it doesn't settle down before your refund/exchange period runs out, send it back for exchange.

I've read, countless times, that the accuracy of a new automatic movement can "settle in" after a few months of normal wear. I don't know if this is entirely accurate or if the accuracy out of the box is what you've got.

In any event, it can probably be adjusted by a competent watchmaker but you will void your warranty if anyone but the manufacturer opens it up.

Also, depending on the brand, model and grade of movement, the precision can vary. Some are considered within spec if they run +/- 30 seconds/day, some 15s and some 5s.

HTH
    thanks for the advice I will wait to see if it improves. I'm wondering if I take it to a competent watchmaker to adjust it would that ruin the water resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    thanks for the advice I will wait to see if it improves. I'm wondering if I take it to a competent watchmaker to adjust it would that ruin the water resistance?
    Why do I bother...?

Quote Originally Posted by Popoki Nui View Post
    If it was my watch, I would wear it for a couple of weeks straight and see if it settles down. If not, I'd send it back for a refund/exchange, or to my watchmaker for examination/adjustment. Any competent watchmaker can re-seal and pressure test it after repair, so don't worry about that.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by Popoki Nui View Post
    Why do I bother...?
    Sorry Didn't see that last part.:thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information