Something for the Zenith fan
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Something for the Zenith fan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Something for the Zenith fan

I was at the Ontario Science Centre today and was happy to see Felix Baumgartner's capsule and suit from his Stratos jump. A very interesting exhibit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

easyP, EnderW, estrickland and 8 others like this.

Re: Something for the Zenith fan

Pretty cool stuff. I've always been disappointed by how much space race has slowed down since initial achievements in the 70's.
    Wonder if more advertising money flowed towards NASA or private space exploration initiatives if things would get back on track. I don't care if it's Red Bull or Invicta doing sponsorships, but would love to see men on Mars and back on Moon soon.
    Aid1987, rfortson and cedargrove like this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Wow. That looks sweet! It was neat to see Zenith sign up to sponsor the event.
    cedargrove likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Anyone happen to know what he was wearing on his wrist for the jump?

He wore an El Primero Stratos model. My Stratos below was given to one of the Red Bull mission directors by Zenith and is one of my favorite watches.

Name:  Everestx 12.17.15.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  170.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by everestx View Post
    He wore an El Primero Stratos model. My Stratos below was given to one of the Red Bull mission directors by Zenith and is one of my favorite watches.

Very cool and thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    Pretty cool stuff. I've always been disappointed by how much space race has slowed down since initial achievements in the 70's.
    Wonder if more advertising money flowed towards NASA or private space exploration initiatives if things would get back on track. I don't care if it's Red Bull or Invicta doing sponsorships, but would love to see men on Mars and back on Moon soon.
    Whatever the moon landing either true or false by Americans, I believe it's fake in my opinion to top out the Russians space race since Russian are planning to do it for themselves, if it is true, Surely Americans would have done Mars landing years ago, I just don't see how Nasa want to spend amount of money to do the moon landing again.

we have the robot machine doing the sample of materials, collecting data and taking the picture on the Mars, They can do the same thing for the moon too, alot cheaper than sending the men to the moon. I assume Nasa is more interested to learned what is in the deep space rather close to the Earth with surrounding other planets which we pretty much learned most of it from last 40 years.
    Last edited by UnknownSekonda; December 31st, 2015 at 09:02.
    My advice- buy a watch that pleases you. Don't let anyone judge or tell you what to wear. Good cheap and expensive watches are no different between them. Both still can tell the time.

Ah man that sits beautifully on your wrist, wish I could pull of the same. I have a fascination with space and have a moonwatch but also wanted "the first watch to break the sound barrier" but at 45mm it was just too big on my wrist, i'll just have to grab a regular el primero.
    Last edited by Dejan Spasojevic; December 31st, 2015 at 15:16.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSekonda View Post
    Whatever the moon landing either true or false by Americans, I believe it's fake in my opinion to top out the Russians space race since Russian are planning to do it for themselves, if it is true, Surely Americans would have done Mars landing years ago, I just don't see how Nasa want to spend amount of money to do the moon landing again.
    lol, seriously? 400,000 Americans and countless people from 20,000 companies around the world spent $150B in today's dollars to get to the moon. There are countless photos of landers, cars, junk, reflectors, etc. all over the moon at the various landing sites.

Have a little faith in humanity, even if you hate the country where the people achieved it.
    rfortson, ilitig8 and Toothbras like this.

Disclosure:
    1. My posts are not shilling other people's stuff.
    2. I own everything that I post and paid for it with my own money.
    3. My opinions are not influenced by any form of compensation.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSekonda View Post
    Whatever the moon landing either true or false by Americans, I believe it's fake in my opinion to top out the Russians space race since Russian are planning to do it for themselves...
    You're kidding, right? Surely you realize the Russians monitored everything and tracked it all with their own radars. If there had been even a slight hint that it was faked, they would have screamed to the heavens.

Oh... but maybe the Russians were paid off and were in on it to... LOLOL.

Maybe you should look up the high resolution photos of the Apollo landing sites that have been taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter over the past few years. You can even see the instrument packages left behind and the boot tracks where the astronauts walked.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; January 2nd, 2016 at 05:25.
    rfortson, Robotaz, ilitig8 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information