Sooo.. a good buddy calls and asks.. "Can I borrow a watch?"

Thread: Sooo.. a good buddy calls and asks.. "Can I borrow a watch?"

Smile Sooo.. a good buddy calls and asks.. "Can I borrow a watch?"

Thats right.. what a strange feeling I have right now. One of my babies is on a mission with a good friend of mine.

One of my really good family friends called tonight and asks "I have an EXTREMELY important job interview tomorrow and I dont have a nice watch to wear with my suit.... can you help me out?"

Of course.. I said yes. Told him to bring a bottle of red wine, we'll have a glass or two while catching up on the past, and Ill show my couple cases of watches so he could take his pick.

He came over with his wife.. we popped a bottle open and started chatting. He wanted something polished.. without a HUGE but decent sized case.. and something versatile. I suggested my Seiko Coutura Kinetic Perpetual and my Citizen Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater. I told him my Citizen was what I wore into my last interview.. which led into the best career move Ive made. Without hesitating.. he said.. "Then thats the one Ill take."

I honestly believe that my Citizen Calibre 9000 is one of the most versatile watches I own. It can be worn with jeans and a t-shirt yet would work equally perfect for a suit and tie. A plethora of complications and styling beyond most the watches I own. Im pretty sure my buddy will have luck with it... its an awesome timepiece! If you havent looked at one yet.. I recommend one to anyone here.

Just thought Id share a neat little moment I just had. Oh... and come to find out my buddy is also drooling over the Omega PO with orange bezel, just like myself.

- Nick

Cars or Watches... that is the question!

Re: Sooo.. a good buddy calls and asks.. "Can I borrow a watch?"

Best of luck to your buddy, if he is successful, perhaps he can buy himself a decent watch. It does look good though.

You sound like a good friend! Hope your buddy gets the job...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's a swell favor to do for your friend Nick.
    I hope he lands the job and things work out for the best.

It sounds like you both have similar good taste with regards to the Omega.
    You can't go wrong with a Planet Ocean. It's on my short list too.

J.

Thread Information