SOTC 2012
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SOTC 2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SOTC 2012

Finally got off my butt and took some pictures to compile a "State of the Collection" thread. In rough order by purchase date:

Tissot T-touch: my first "real" watch, a present to myself. I wore it EVERYWHERE ... so this one is actually a warranty replacement of the original one. Come to find out, welding is not so conducive to electronic longevity.

Wenger Swiss Army: gift from my parents. Love the guilloche dial. Currently the closest thing I have to a "dress watch", but currently on the hunt for a replacement.

Hamilton Khaki AirRace: The first watch I bought when I got into "collecting". Have both the orange rubber (with Hamilton deployant) and the black "leather". Amazing how it changes the look/feel of the watch.

Ball Fireman 43 (orange):While I like the watches above, they are merely "crushes" compared to the first watch I truly loved. I was immediately smitten by the build quality and tritium lume. I bought it preowned on bracelet, it currently lives on a Strapcode NATO which matches colors perfectly and is SO comfortable.

Tricolor lume, but unlumed second hand

Hamilton Chronomatic "B": My first foray into vintage. Let's just say its been a learning experience. If anyone knows a watchmaker with Chronomatic movement (Breitling, Heuer) experience, I would love a reference. On Panatime "Breitling style" blue leather. It will be replaced by the 1971 PanEurope 703 when I find one.

Ball Engineer MasterII Worldtime Diver: As much as I love the Fireman, this watch has (almost) single-handedly resigned all others to the jewelry drawer, (almost) quenching my desire for more watches. I have to force myself to wear the others these days. Also bought on bracelet, currently, it is paired with a Panatime "ballistic" with ivory stitching that matches the worldtime wheel perfectly.

Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute (809) 18k: The watch that started it all really. My mom gave it to my dad when he got his Navy wings in 1970. He never wore it due to the 24 hr dial. I wore it some in high school. This year, I "convinced" him to bequeath it to me, and it is currently at Breitling being serviced (for the first time in its 40 yr life!) so no pictures currently.

Group shot:
    Last edited by ~tc~; December 31st, 2012 at 04:49.

Re: SOTC 2012

Great collection and thanks for posting!
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Lovin that chrono.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool! Here is what I ended up (Dornbluth and Stowa incoming but doubt they will make it by end of year) with so far 2012. Would love to see other collections - Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by drhr; December 30th, 2012 at 21:02. Reason: requested other sotc's
    ImitationOfLife likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

You have a nice collection. You must like orange! I particularly like the Ball world time diver. Congrats, and happy holidays!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

My wife likes orange, so it's easier to get those "approved" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Cool! Here is what I ended up (Dornbluth and Stowa incoming but doubt they will make it by end of year) with so far 2012. Would love to see other collections - Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!
    Well....that's just not right having that many fabulous watches in one collection. Not right I'm telling you. Otherwise. Just WOW.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Well....that's just not right having that many fabulous watches in one collection. Not right I'm telling you. Otherwise. Just WOW.
    Thanks, but some would also say boring because I like plain, basic, time only pieces if possible. Appreciate the fact that you share my likes, at least in part. Others have great watches so hope I will get to see more full collections if/when they post. At any rate, again, appreciate the comments!!
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Thanks, but some would also say boring because I like plain, basic, time only pieces if possible. Appreciate the fact that you share my likes, at least in part. Others have great watches so hope I will get to see more full collections if/when they post. At any rate, again, appreciate the comments!!
    I should have such a "boring" collection........LOL

Love the vintage Hammy and the Balls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information