SOTC 3/25/13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Camguy

Thread: SOTC 3/25/13

SOTC 3/25/13

Since I got the TSAR, I figured I'd update my State of the Collection, in the order I acquired them (top row left to right, then bottom row the same). Doing this I realized the TSAR is my first new watch in ten years!
    Either I've been satisfied with the ones I have (I am), or my enthusiasm for WISdom exceeds my budget (it does).

Attachment 1023067
    Last edited by Camguy; March 26th, 2013 at 06:11.
    jah likes this.

Re: SOTC 3/25/13

Did you say your first new piece in TEN YEARS?????

Are you coming to the Wash GTG? If so, would it bother you if I just stared at you in awe the whole time? I'm blown away... I haven't bought a new watch in 10 days.. and I won't make it another 10 months.. amazing!

Oh and love your collection. All rugged pieces with class.... very very nice.

Collection:
    RGM 801A - Montblanc Twinfly Flyback Chronograph -
    Omega AquaTerra GMT - 1972 Heuer Autavia Viceroy - Ball Engineer Master II Diver World Time
    JeanRichard Terrascope - Longines Legend Diver(Date) - Luminox 6250 - Hamilton Intra-Matic(42mm) - Magrette Moana Pacific Professional - Oris XXL Pointer Day

Intagram: @dobowatches

Camguy...been following your TSAR acquisition and am super happy you liked it.

If you could bottle that will power to not buy a watch in 10 years, you'll be able to buy any watch you want by selling it to all of us!

Super collection BTW!
    Last edited by wschofield3; March 26th, 2013 at 03:18.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You have remarkable restraint! If this your first new watch in a decade, you should be teaching self-control courses to WIS/WUS so you can fund your watch budget!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I love the sword hands on your Omega Great White, and I wish it was still possible to get that watch new. I'm not a fan of the new hands on the Seamaster Pro.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

I'm sensing a theme here...
    Thanks for the compliments, for sure, but believe me, I don't have a superpower or anything.
    I think after the Seamaster GMT my desires grew rapidly beyond my means, and picking up a $70 Poljot just didn't cut it any more. A Glashütte Senator Navigator? Sure! A Speedmaster? Only if it's a "dot over 90." Double red? *yawn* Got a Milsub?

The TSAR was a "Wow!," however, and 39% off at topspecus... irresistible! Maybe a Stowa Flieger Baumuster B next.
    Unfortunately it's also the first watch my wife wants to "borrow", and also unfortunately it looks great on her!
    At any rate, my beatification as a guru of self-restraint is a pleasant surprise. I figured the reaction would be more like "poor schmuck, let's send him a sympathy Parnis."
    Last edited by Camguy; March 26th, 2013 at 06:12.

Thread Information