Source for Vintage Seamaster?

Thread: Source for Vintage Seamaster?

Source for Vintage Seamaster?

I'm looking for a reliable source for an authentic and original Omega Seamaster. I prefer something from the mid-1950's in Stainless steel. It doesn't have to be mint but must restorable. Is there a trusted source for these vintage watches? I checked out www.timeman.net, but I was told to avoid Asian dealers. This guy's payment options include accounts in Singapore and Australia and an option to wire funds via Western Union to his girlfriend in Bankok. There are several on ebay, must from outside the U.S. One fellow sells beautifully restored pieces but they fetch prices that seem to be higher than price guides suggest. I was about to pull the trigger on a watch from India but was warned against that. Whats a guy to do???

Is there a way to compile a list of websites for trusted vintage watch merchants?

Re: Source for Vintage Seamaster?

I would ask this in our excellent Omega Forum for expert guidance.
    Good luck!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

stuffler,mike

Auction houses like Sotheby, Henry's, Antiquorum, Uhren-Muser are a good source.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A guy operating under the name of omega_addict on the bay has gotten a lot of acclaim in the scene for the excellent way he does his restoring of old Omegas - that does mean a premium on the prices of his auctions though; he's usually got half a dozen or so up for sale.
    Stowa Antea Creme, without date
    Broadarrow PRS-3
    Wrist: 8.5" or 21,5 cm

The TimeZone Sales corner and the sales corner on this site are also pretty good. I have found that more Omegas tend to come up on TZ and I've personally bought two from sellers there. Both were good experiences. Like any online buying, you do need to be careful and make sure that you are buying from a trusted source.

Chris

Thread Information