My husband got into the local Fire Academy some months ago and he's been doing really well in class and in his clinicals as an EMT trainee. It is very likely, due to where we live, that when he gets hired he will be dealing with wildfires as well as everything else. At the academy, he was informed that the fire departments in our area specifically require that their Firefighter/EMTs wear watches with an analog second hand. I'm doing my homework and trying to find him a perfect watch for when he graduates. I don't mind spending a bit for a really good watch if it will last and he'll love it but I'm having a hard time finding the perfect watch. So I was wondering if someone could help me a bit.
I think this is what I would really want in a watch for him considering the nature of his future career:
- Analog watch with second hand
- Would really like it to have a 1 second chronograph
- Some sort of way to make it light up at night or in a dark area for a period of time
- Needs to be super rugged (he's broken two Casio Brigade G'zone phones in a year, so imagine what he'd do to a watch...)
- Very water resistant and shock resistant
Personally, I'm a huge Casio fan but I don't think my husband could care less what brand it is. He loves having neat functions and extras though. I really like the red Casio GA100B-4A but I'm open to better suggestions. I don't know anything about watch functions or what a/b/c/t means or anything so please explain anything technical.