WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

d

9K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  rhyno590 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I also once started off with a 1521, but im PVD - so great choice my friend! That blue truly is lovely and will suit any leather strap like a glove. Colareb is really a good recommendation and I'm going to throw Hirsch in as well. Maybe look for something waterproof (even though it's leather, we all know this story...) to take it on occasional swims without having to worry about the strap.
Also you could ask Squale directly if they offer the leather/ rubber hybrid that comes with their Master Diver in 20mm. This would also work extremely well I guess!
And, in case you don't have some already, natos just ALWAYS work. On EVERY occasion!

#5 ·
Great first choice! I don't like mesh personally, but think that watch look's good on brown leather. I would have one, but prefer my diver's on a bracelet.

Reactions: Arno Geismar
#9 ·
Beautiful watch & HUGE congrats!!!There are a couple of very large Squale threads in F74(Dive Watch sub forum)& you will see a ton of them on straps.Personally I prefer the mesh!

#10 ·
Thats not a bad first watch, congrats! You are 1/1. B&R bands are petty nice. I wear my dark brown B&R on my black polished 1521. It wears much better and smaller than the stock rubber and my aftermarket mesh band that I have. You can find them used for half price if you look frequently. Also, I have a Heuerville that is pretty nice, but its somewhat pricey if you are on a budget. If you want to save money for more watches instead of accessories, you can find a Horween on Etsy, I have a brown horween watchband I picked up off Etsy from a company called Hammerandnickel for around $45 dollars.

#11 ·
Great choice, I had a similar watch (blue CW Trident) for my first and have recently come full circle and bought a blasted blue Squale 1521. The OEM Squale strap is made by Colareb, its great quality, maybe you should try it. Otherwise get a grey or orange nato. Or the Squale rubber straps - blue or camo. Or a rich choc brown strap like a Hirsch Lucca. Or a blue Eulit Perlon strap. You have too many choices.

#20 ·
I really love that watch. I don't know if it makes sense for me to get it with this watch, but I wanted to show this strap from bcatt straps in england. Reasonably priced for custom and really beautiful!! Analog watch Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Reactions: Lokvo
#22 · (Edited)
Welcome OP! Great start to a collection. I'm thirsting for the 1521 myself, how are you finding it so far? As for straps, personally for the 1521 I feel you can't go amiss with a premium nato or some rustic Colareb leather (which you now have, brilliant strap by the way). Enjoy the watch disease!

#23 ·
Hi Lokvo,

I couldn't be more happy with my choice, even after a couple of weeks I still catch myself looking at it whenever I can. I would definitely go for the polished version again.
Together with the mirror ring around the dial it makes it look really refined.
The orange hand with the lighter blue gives the watch a nice je ne sais quoi and I also love the position of the crown since it does not dig into my wrist at all.

Let me know if you happen to pick one up.
Would love to know what you decide on.

#25 ·
I have the same polished/blue 1521 and love it. I've had it for around a year now and have tried it on several combinations, but in the end I like the mesh by far the best (on mesh probably 80-90% of the time). Just suits the watch and I like the fit of bracelets. I also have a Maratac brown sand mil-spec strap and it's also a great look and super light and comfortable. Great for summer. When I bought my watch it came on a light blue rubber strap, which I'm split on. It's fun to wear occasionally, especially as something fun in the summer, but it's a bit too loud for me overall. I also have put it on a black rubber Stowa strap and have a black worn and wound Nato. Both tone it down a bit and are nice, but I think you made a better choice with the brown leather, which will likely be my next strap purchase. Just some more to consider!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.