Squale 1545 Militaire

Thread: Squale 1545 Militaire

Squale 1545 Militaire

Hello everyone, I'm new to this whole watch forum thing; I hope you guys can help out with my question. I'm interested in the Squale 1545 Militaire and I'm curious what are the differences between the Militaire and the Classic other than the Cyclops in terms of case, dials, crown, threads, etc. It seems that the Militaire is a new offering that's why I ask.

Thanks!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Squale 1545 Militaire

Most likely the SuperLuminova GL old radium. Atte vs. shiny dial. Hands are different.

And the Militaire looks better.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; October 9th, 2017 at 19:36.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by gmoan View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to this whole watch forum thing; I hope you guys can help out with my question. I'm interested in the Squale 1545 Militaire and I'm curious what are the differences between the Militaire and the Classic other than the Cyclops in terms of case, dials, crown, threads, etc. It seems that the Militaire is a new offering that's why I ask.

Thanks!
    According to Gnomon: The new improved 40mm case is now more masculine with a thicker bezel for a better grip which translate also to a smoother and easier bezel action. The crown system has also been improved from the previous generation with deeper grooves on the crown for a better grip and also a more substantial screw threads for a more positive screwdown action. I think that's probably it. Otherwise it's a pretty standard Mil-Sub homage. For $550 list though I'd probably get a Ginault instead, which aren't much more than that second hand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

This text is valid for both.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by gmoan View Post

Thanks!
    Basically same stuff. One is a knock-off of Rolex Submariner and the other of Rolex Milsub.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Thanks everyone for your help; I think I will be pulling the trigger on the new militaire from gnomon; I found customer service much friendlier than squalewatches.com.

Thread Information