SS polish question

Thread: SS polish question

SS polish question

Hi guys, I have a Omega PO that I would like to polish off some very light scratches. I was thinking of using autosol and a very fine cloth but I am not sure of how to do it. Just polish the whole case, or polish just some parts of it? The sides are brushed, so I would not want to polish these parts?

Thanks
    Last edited by Clausen; November 28th, 2007 at 17:28.

stuffler,mike

Re: SS polish question

CrystalClear Pro , that's what I use + microfibre polish cloth

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    CrystalClear Pro , that's what I use + microfibre polish cloth
    Thanks. But I think I am going to use what I already have.

Would like a comment on how to polish the case with the brushed sides

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dont use autosol on brushed SS it will look polished after. Cleaned my bucherer with autosol looked liked a breitling after. Some people have suggested using scotchbrite on brushed surfaces.But i have no experience with that
    Current collection: Ball Hydrocarbon Magnate Black/ Ball Hydrocarbon Magnate White/Omega SMPc 300M 2019/Omega SMP Black MIDsize 300M /Omega Speedmaster professional moonwatch/PAM luminor marina 0796 destro/Rolex datejust 1601/Rolex Date 1500 /Rolex 116610LN /Rolex Datejust II 116300 black roman/ Rolex Explorer II polar 216570 /Rolex Explorer 1 214270 /Rolex GMT master 2 BLNR 116710/Tudor black bat steel and gold 79733N/ Tudor Pelagos LHD/Tudor black bay burgundy ETA/ TAG F1 Blue /Bucherer Chrono Blue/ Orient Blue MAKO /Invicta Abyss 2845 /Casio G-Shock G1250BD-1ADR /Casio G-Shock G1200BD-1ADR /Casio G-Shock GA-100 /Casio G-Shock G100bb-1A /Casio G-Shock G100cu-3A /Franchi Menotti square av chrono /Seiko SNZH51 /Seiko SBDC001 /Seiko SBDC005 /Seiko SARBO33 /Seiko SRPB01K1/ Seiko SKX013 /Seiko SRPC91k1 /Seiko SRPC95k1 /Seiko 6309 0740 '84 Incoming:

I would carefully mask off the brushed surfaces.
    Autosol works great.
    Obviously take your time and be careful.
    You might even consider buying a "beater" with brushed and polished surfaces to practice on.
    Good luck!
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

I've used this on both brushed and polished stainless steel and it has always worked exceptionally well for me. The full kit is best and will do many repairs. It's easy to use, simple directions and the results for me have been amazing. You can't tell that any scratch repair was needed or even done to the watch after you're finished. Even under several powers of magnification I can't tell where I've fixed scratches. Here's a link and I have no connection to this product other than as an extremely satisfied customer.

http://watchbandrenew.com/home.html
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

A4A

I'm not comfortable polishing my Oris TT1 but would like to get the scratches out of the bezel. Does anyone know a good, reputable place in Atlanta, GA to get polishing done?

Guido : I ordered this kit now. Thanks :)

vandice

Don't use autosol. It is possible the fine particles can get into the movement or joints and act as an abrasive. Doesn't work too well on obvious scratches too.

Watchbandrenew supplies a great kit that I have used to great effect, other than on Duratect and Brightz Ti. They don't work well on these surfaces. Probably nothing on the market does.

I find that no matter what you do to protect the brushed finish on watches, if it's a daily watch, it will eventually get scratched and/or polished.

My suggestion - don't worry about it. All of these watches can be refinished to look new by a competant watch maker.

Thread Information