stainless steel bank silver face...is it me or does this make the watch look girly or feminine?

Thread: stainless steel bank silver face...is it me or does this make the watch look girly or feminine?

stainless steel bank silver face...is it me or does this make the watch look girly or feminine?

A silver face stainless steel band watch would round out my collection but i cant get over the fact that it takes away from the masculinity of the watch

I think it's you. You are referencing a classic combination as feminine?
    Last edited by novedl; December 28th, 2012 at 18:04.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Re: stainless steel bank silver face...is it me or does this make the watch look girly or feminine?

Nope - it's just you.
    Cheers,
    Ben "LBD"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: stainless steel bank silver face...is it me or does this make the watch look girly or feminine?

If it was a diver or something like that it would not be; in fact if it looks good and isn't small, it won't be.

Yep...it's just you..

Have to see an example of what you mean.
    Now: Rolex Explorer II ref. 1655, ca. 1971, Rolex Milgauss (black) ca. 2008, IWC GST Aquatimer (titanium) ref. 3536, ca. 1999, Omega dress watch (601 movement, 1960s, bought in 1966)
    Gone baby gone: Rolex Submariner ref. 5512, Rolex Submariner ref. 5513, Rolex GMT Master, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Air King (1st 'nice' watch), Hamilton Tank (10K vintage), IWC Mark XII ca. 1998,
    IWC Compass Watch ca. 1980 ref. 3510, JLC Memovox (ca. 1965), Omega Moonwatch (30th anniversary), Omega Seamaster (552 movement, 1960s), Omega Seamaster Multifunction, Seiko Marinemaster 300m ref SBDX001 (2007), UTS 500m (platinum dial)

Do you have a particular model in mind? We could all take a vote....

I agree with everyone else. Look at an Omega Aqua Terra for example... Not much feminine about that watch.

Quote Originally Posted by kcostello View Post
    A silver face stainless steel band watch would round out my collection but i cant get over the fact that it takes away from the masculinity of the watch

A silver dial and stainless steel case and bracelet is one of the all time classic color combinations ever made. Most companies including Seiko, Omega, Rolex, IWC, Citizen, etc., have made watches like that over the decades. My very first really nice watch was a new 1971 Omega Seamaster automatic that I still wear. If anything men are attracted to a monochromatic style more than women. My wife has to remind me to try other colors than silver, black and blue!

edit: Here's a couple from my collection.

Name:  yema1.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  72.1 KB
    Name:  OrisXXLb.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  38.0 KB
    Name:  titoni-airmaster.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  111.4 KB
    Last edited by John MS; December 28th, 2012 at 18:51.

Thread Information