Starting my private label, and have questions regarding CE and CPSC regulations and laws for watch
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Denver1911

Thread: Starting my private label, and have questions regarding CE and CPSC regulations and laws for watch

Starting my private label, and have questions regarding CE and CPSC regulations and laws for watch

Hello fellas,

I've been surfing all around the internet and couldn't find any detailed information about this. I've been planning to launch my watch brand, visited numerous manufacturers in Hong Kong and China, and finally made all the samples for the watches and packages that I am satisfied with. And the company I work with asked me this question yesterday if there is any regulation that I want to give them to follow, such as environmental standards, including CE and CPSC regulations, and others if there are any.

But my final question is,
    "How do I know if my watch is OKAY to import to the US? Is there any specific way I can test my watch?"

Like I said, I looked around every single thread in watchuseek and google, but couldn't find anything about watch product. There is no information because watch is just okay to import?
    I am now a bit scared what if my mass production is banned and on hold at us port and end up wasting all my money.
    Any information is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you so much.

Yoon

Re: Starting my private label, and have questions regarding CE and CPSC regulations and laws for wat

Found this.....https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=Awr9...sRQ2nSgEoZTNU-

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hello fellas,

I've been surfing all around the internet and couldn't find any detailed information about this. I've been planning to launch my watch brand, visited numerous manufacturers in Hong Kong and China, and finally made all the samples for the watches and packages that I am satisfied with. And the company I work with asked me this question yesterday if there is any regulation that I want to give them to follow, such as environmental standards, including CE and CPSC regulations, and others if there are any.

But my final question is,
    "How do I know if my watch is OKAY to import to the US? Is there any specific way I can test my watch?"

Like I said, I looked around every single thread in watchuseek and google, but couldn't find anything about watch product. There is no information because watch is just okay to import?
    I am now a bit scared what if my mass production is banned and on hold at us port and end up wasting all my money.
    Any information is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you so much.

Yoon
    Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Re: Starting my private label, and have questions regarding CE and CPSC regulations and laws for wat

I’m thinking you should ask your lawyer, not an Internet forum. Even if you get answers here, are you confident enough in their to proceed?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks zipper,

I already looked at the site you provided. But what gets me more confusing is that how do i know which regulation applies to watch product? how do I know it is highly flammable, or poisonous? I bet I, or other watch makers, do not need to know all that chemical details of watch components. Do I just hand my sample to third testing labs?

Denver,

If asking a lawyer is the only option, I will do so. But just wanna hear something from former/current watchuseek members who have gone through all this already.
    Thanks!

Hi Yoon,
    As an watches exporter here in China for more than 5 years, we find many clients misunderstand the import processes. Here we explain it for you:

Your supplier asked you about is because they would like to your countries' import regulations, this information can be got from your local custom department. The customs of some countries require certificates when they clear customs for some products.

But some countries do not require any certificates when important watches.

So you can ask the supplier to get the HS code of the watches that you will purchase and you just inquiry your local custom department with the HS code to confirm what certificates do they require when your watches packages pass your customs.

Hope this can help you, any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thread Information