A few months ago I had to send both my Omega Aqua Terra and JLC Reverso in for service. While they were away, I acquired a Zenith Elite Ultra Thin. I got the Omega back a few weeks ago, but just got back my Reverso, so I thought I would do a SOTC.
Here is a breakdown of each watch and itís significance:
1. Omega Speedmaster Professional (currently on a nato strap): Purchased in 2009 to celebrate my first manager position. I love the versatility and historical significance. I will never sell this watch.
2. Omega Aqua Terra 8500: Purchased in 2011 to celebrate a promotion. I love the coaxial escapement technology. It can easily be dressed up or down. I currently have it on a bracelet, but also own a nice alligator strap for it. It is the perfect GADA watch. I also got married in this watch. I will never sell it.
3. Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Grande Date: Purchases in 2012 to celebrate my completion of my MHA degree and a promotion. This watch is stunning and is definitely my highest-end piece.
4. Weiss Field Watch (caliber 1001): I purchased this watch in 2017 simply because I love the mission and vision of Weiss to bring watchmaking back to the U.S. Itís a great casual watch.
5. Zenith Elite Ultra Thin 650: I purchased this watch very recently (April 2018). In critiquing my collection, I realized I did not have a true dress watch. This Zenith comes in at 40mm wide and just 7mm thick, with a black alligator strap. Itís hand wound, no date, and a clean dial, but the sub-second hand helps it stand out a bit.
6. Soon-to-be-purchased Rolex Submariner. This watch will be a graduation gift to myself when I finish my doctorate in December. It will hit my diver bucket in my collection and I think at that point my collection will be very well-rounded and ultimately complete. I will never sell that one, once I have it.
Thanks for reading and I appreciate any comments/thoughts/feedback.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega Speedmaster Professional
Omega Aqua Terra 8500
Jaeger LeCoutre Reverso Grande Date
Weiss Field Watch (cal 1001)
Zenith Elite Ultra Thin (cal 650)