Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT, Orient Ray, Invicta 9937C which one should i take?

Thread: Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT, Orient Ray, Invicta 9937C which one should i take?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi guys,

I have a major problem here.. i cant decide which diver to buy i like all 3 of them but i should buy 1 out of 3.

I like the orient ray, which is a fine budget quality watch.. and great design.
    I like the Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT.. lume and design and the swiss movement.
    I like the Invicta 9937C because of the size, swiss made, rough look.

But i really dont know which is the best, which one should i take and why?

thanks for the advice.

REgards,
    Galanthus

Re: Steinhart Ocean 1 GMT, Orient Ray, Invicta 9937C which one should i take?

I would eliminate the Invicta 9937, the cyclops they have is useless, and the crystal is no longer sapphire. You would be better off with a Steinhart Ocean 1 instead. Between the Steinhart and Orient, it's more a question of aesthetics, both will provide you with a quality watch at a good price.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Certina DS-2; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Aside from aesthetics and price.....that steinhart has a better crystal (sapphire) , and a GMT function which will most likely not get used I bet. That orient , although a good watch, afaik uses mineral glass. Sapphire will not scratch as easy if you are rough with your watches. If you want a good affordable submariner looking diver.....steinhart is the most popular choice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Steinhart is clearly a cut above the other two in my mind. It costs more than the other two, but otherwise it is the more attractive choice.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Banned

Steinhart.a very nice swiss watch using the eta 2893.that invicta isn,t swiss made.it just has a swiss movement.its assembled
    in china and you never know if you are getting a good one.

The orient misses out because of the mineral crystal and crap bracelet.

i agree with the posts above, i bought a steinhart ocean one on a whim, and i have to say the quality is superb.

Welcome to the forum, Galanthus!

I don't think I'll be of much help because I've never had an Orient or an Invicta, but I have two Steinharts, a Nav-B and a Green Ocean1, and I think they're very nice for the money!

This one's easy!

1). Steinhart
    2). Orient

Invicta.

Welcome to the forums! You'll tend to find that Invicta is not a very popular brand around here for many good reasons, some of which are horrible customer service, awful quality control, and deceitful marketing. I wouldn't waste my time or money on an Invicta.

I like Steinhart, I think they offer some nice looking watches, at good prices that have great "bang for your buck" i.e. nice fit and finish, ETA movements, sapphire crystal etc.

Orients are great, and have good value too, but they're not in the same league/price bracket as Steinhart, so you get the added investments worth in a Steinhart with a better movement, sapphire crystal, better fit/finish etc.
    Last edited by Mr. Panerai; March 23rd, 2013 at 06:32.

Steinhart, then Orient. But if cost is an issue, then Orient is first.

invicta is swiss made?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information