Steinhart Ocean 1 vs. Christopher Ward C60 Trident vs. Hamilton Seaview Day/Date
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Steinhart Ocean 1 vs. Christopher Ward C60 Trident vs. Hamilton Seaview Day/Date

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Question Steinhart Ocean 1 vs. Christopher Ward C60 Trident vs. Hamilton Seaview Day/Date

Hi all:

I'm looking for a watch that looks like an Omega Seamaster or OP but is only a fraction of the cost ($500-$1,000).

Most important to me is a nice rubber strap that is molded to the watch. Unfortunately, the three watches I'm looking at don't have molded rubber straps (the Hamilton does but it's really hard to find). I'm hoping there is someplace that can do a custom strap...?
    My choices:

Christopher Ward C60

Steinhart Ocean Black

Hamilton Seaview Day/Date

Thoughts on these choices? Would I have any problem getting a rubber strap for those that don't have one?

Thanks for your opinions!!
    Last edited by Soundchasr; December 21st, 2011 at 17:24.

Re: Steinhart Ocean 1 vs. Christopher Ward C60 Trident vs. Hamilton Seaview Day/Date

Most people here are going to say go with the Hamilton, but I'm just in love with the Christopher Ward C60 (just bought one myself).

I bought the C60 from someone here and he had it on a strap (I got it with the bracelet) maybe he can give you some insight on a good strap for the C60.

I love the look of it and everyone who's had it raves about the build quality and the design.
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500C
    Christopher Ward C60 Trident
    Oris Aquis

Re: Steinhart Ocean 1 vs. Christopher Ward C60 Trident vs. Hamilton Seaview Day/Date

I'd get the Steinhart. Classic sub case and dial with oyster bracelet. A good selection of models with different hands and dials. Great customer service and a solid reputation here on WUS...

The CW's bracelet is too flashy for me. The 4 o'clock date window looks weird on that dial. Cool second hand though. The bezel insert also looks very nice.

The Hamilton has Day\Date which breaks up the dial. It's too bad really because I would have chosen the Hamilton otherwise based on overall looks. Hamilton\Swatch are known for dreadful customer service but the watches rarely need it so you'd probably be ok.

As far as the rubber strap, you may want to look into the Sinn strap. It is molded to the case and fits many other watches. A bit pricey but worth it if you are set on wanting that style.

RS
    Last edited by Rusty_Shakleford; December 21st, 2011 at 17:36.

Follow Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Christopher Ward certainly looks the most like a Seamaster. Have you seen Tissot's Seastar?

Name:  T0664071705700.jpg
Views: 6070
Size:  84.2 KB

I'd go with the CWard. Steinhardt is nice but baisicly a sub knockoff, hammy is boring.
    Anglo Irish likes this.
    Calm down.....It's just a watch....

Quote Originally Posted by wristclock View Post
    I'd go with the CWard. Steinhardt is nice but baisicly a sub knockoff, hammy is boring.
    I was just reading about the the Steinhart being a basic Rolex copy. I don't think I want that. I agree the Hamilton looks boring too. Looks like I'm leaning toward the CW at this point.
    dcdude likes this.

The CW is a good choice. Watch for an 'after Christmas' sale.
    Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

I like CW, but the date at 4 bothers me. The Steinhart looks too much like a Rolex Sub/Sea Dweller for my likes. So Hamilton for me.

Don't know about the strap I'm afraid - maybe check the strap forum.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

So what if Steinhart looks like Rolex Seadweller. (How many variations of black bezel divers are there? They all LOOK like some other divers. - Either BP look, Rolex sub look, Omega SMP look.)

Among these 3, I like the look of Steinhart the best.
    I do not like the bracelet on CW with polished lines - they are very hard to polish if you want to later.
    I do not like the markers on Hamilton, the dial looks like they just grabbed one off of their dressy line and popped them in there.
    Chronic flipper...

I'd go with the Steinhart Ocean Black DLC. It's stealthy and awesome. I'm considering ordering one myself.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information