WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Still looking for a new watch after 1 month of hunting.

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Bronte 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, after searching and looking at numerous watches. I saw the Stowa Marine Automatic. Picture here:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

I really like it very much except that:

1) price (exchange rate plays it to my disadvantage),
2) waiting time of approximately 3 months and
3) I am unable to try it out physically before purchasing since Stowa only has an online shop.

My question is, are there any other brands of watches similar to the Stowa above with similar, or even better, cheaper than that? Hope to hear your recommendations!

Thank you.

See less See more
#5 ·
Seiko Spirit "Blue Spark" SCVS013. I love mine ...

I paid less than $450 to get mine. Not the easiest model to get since it was discontinued, but it's still possible ...

#12 ·
That Seiko is automatic and a very fine watch. I think you should go ahead and get the Stowa, as it's supposed to be a great value and you like it. However, I also think you should open your mind to Seiko, as they make some watches at the pinnacle of horology. If you're only familiar with their "mall watches," you're not really familiar with them.

#10 ·
You might check out the Archimede Deckwatch. It is a handwound (Unitas/ETA 6498); very similar in look to the Stowa, but with a small seconds and no date. Price should be better. I'm waiting for a pre-owned to arrive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.