Stores with good deals on watches in orlando
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stores with good deals on watches in orlando

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stores with good deals on watches in orlando

visiting family next week in Orlando. i live in a small town in upstate NY with limited retail, so i like to use some time in larger cities to shop. there are factory outlets galore in Orlando but so far only seeing fashion watches. are there stores which have deals on more interesting watches?

Re: Stores with good deals on watches in orlando

Tourneau Orlando in International Premium Outlet 4965 International Drive is worth a visit. I purchased a Longines Legend Diver there 3 years ago and the management is friendly and very willing to make a favorable transaction for WIS.
    MIKE

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is it possible to get a good deal at a store? Their markups are gigantic. Even at Kohls, their basic Seiko Quarts are like $200 on sale. There used to be a Seiko Outlet near me that had prices pretty close to online, but it's closed now. I was at one point looking at a Tag Carerra at a local jewelry store listed for $2800...found the same watch on Jomashop for $1200 less. I wouldn't plan on buying any watch at a store. Good place to look and try on, but buy online.
    Never try to install spring bars in a hurry. -lvt

"Affordable" just means you end up spending the same amount of money, but end up with a greater number of watches. -MandoBear

no idea really. i've seen enough dubious statements re Jomashop on here and elsewhere online that i'd be wary, but your mileage may differ. also, unless the price difference is huge (like the example you mention) i would support the local store. i don't want a world with almost no retail and only Walmart and Amazon left.

Quote Originally Posted by Minorcollector View Post
    Is it possible to get a good deal at a store? Their markups are gigantic. Even at Kohls, their basic Seiko Quarts are like $200 on sale. There used to be a Seiko Outlet near me that had prices pretty close to online, but it's closed now. I was at one point looking at a Tag Carerra at a local jewelry store listed for $2800...found the same watch on Jomashop for $1200 less. I wouldn't plan on buying any watch at a store. Good place to look and try on, but buy online.
    If it was Jewlers Trade or Bere Jewlers in town your wasting your time. They wouldn't haggle on a Tissot much less a Tag or any of there high-line stuff. The lady literally would not budge one penny off a Sea Star MSRP at Bere so I bought it somewhere else. I am willing to pay more for a local mom and pop but not full retail.
    Ball, Hamilton, Tag Heuer, Timex, Tissot, Seiko

Shopping destination stores are funny (with no particular experience in Orlando.)

Sometimes they are happy to do high volume and any pricing negotiations will be short and the prices will be good OR they realize they have you in a desperate spot because you're only going there because you don't have a local alternative.

Doing a similar trip and going to an AD that I don't have local to me two years ago was disheartening. I was willing to pay over gray market if I could get it right then and there. I asked for pricing consideration and they held firm on MSRP. They wouldn't discount a penny. I've never had a store not *try* to haggle on something that isn't at the >$3,000 pricing tier. This was not a boutique and the brand is easy to find in the gray market...
    Choose a job you love, and you'll never work a day in your life because that field isn't hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaTime View Post
    If it was Jewlers Trade or Bere Jewlers in town your wasting your time. They wouldn't haggle on a Tissot much less a Tag or any of there high-line stuff. The lady literally would not budge one penny off a Sea Star MSRP at Bere so I bought it somewhere else. I am willing to pay more for a local mom and pop but not full retail.
    I just haven't found any deals at a store. Even if the store was willing to come down, I doubt they would have come down $1200. Maybe a couple hundred at most. They all tend to be about double what I can get online. I'm all about shopping local and supporting the little guy...but I'm not paying $1000+ more for that.

"Affordable" just means you end up spending the same amount of money, but end up with a greater number of watches. -MandoBear

No, there're "markups" are not "gigantic".
    Quote Originally Posted by Minorcollector View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    No, there're "markups" are not "gigantic".
    Really? If I can find it online for half the price, is that not gigantic?
    OvrSteer likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information